Old 12-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Did anyone else watch the live stream of Paul walking through the drivers he's been testing out? I went super fangirl when he answered 2 of my questions. Really stoked to see him throwing a Zombee!
It was really cool to see his throwing all of the discs. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes.
I love my damn Zombee. Throw that disc more than I ever thought I would.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 47
Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts

Anyone else notice he threw them all basically the same distances?

Old 12-03-2018, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpro View Post
Anyone else notice he threw them all basically the same distances?
Yep, makes me feel better to see that his stable-OS drivers go the same as his straight fairways. And both are slightly farther than his FH. Only got significantly more distance with more neutral high speed stuff...but WAY more distance. I can't believe how far he threw that NukeOS on a flex though, he throws hard. Those go nowhere but left for pretty much anyone.

Speed rating is more for flight characteristics, not just distance potential.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:16 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbadatdiscgolf View Post
I get comments about my Zombee at practically every tournament I play. When you lace a 300-325 drive through the woods it tends to get attention (from my Intermediate crowd). Way underrated and underappreciated disc!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 24 Times in 10 Posts
Smile

Ive thrown mostly Discraft ever since i started playing. I have been looking for a video like this for a long time. Not only is he throwing discs I throw, hes also throwing on a course I know well. Amazing! The Mantis is one of my all time favorite molds. Interesting how stable it was for him even when released with good hyzer. The uphill and tailwind helped im sure. Also im suprised he loves the Undertaker so much. I bag it but find it can be touchy even at my lowish power. I figured thats why they released the Vulture for big power pros. I get more "what was that disc" questions when rolling the Heat. Big distance even for Ams like me. The Force and Nuke are too fast and OS for my arm so ive always driven with Cranks in the most stable plastics. They also Crush. Cant wait for the mids so i cant watch PMcb throw the Comet.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Par Member

Niced 70 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbadatdiscgolf View Post
Me as well! I got my first 2 aces on my first Zombee, and just recently got a fresh one. It shapes great lines from pretty much any distance up to 350 (or 500 if you're Paul). Definitely an overlooked disc, and I hope he finds a place to keep it in his bag for placement shots, and wooded courses.
I made a comment on the video stream he did prior to the Bag Building video that he should try it, so I dunno if he saw that or not, but pretty sweet. He also replied to my comment before the video aired saying he thought it was a "fun and interesting disc".

It's one of those discs that I use when I'm undecided of what to throw. Just throw a Zombee.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 308 Times in 185 Posts

I didn't see the link but stumbled across the video.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Par Member

Niced 70 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Yep, makes me feel better to see that his stable-OS drivers go the same as his straight fairways. And both are slightly farther than his FH. Only got significantly more distance with more neutral high speed stuff...but WAY more distance. I can't believe how far he threw that NukeOS on a flex though, he throws hard. Those go nowhere but left for pretty much anyone.

Speed rating is more for flight characteristics, not just distance potential.
One of the questions I asked him was about flight numbers. He said that he doesn't really pay attention to flight numbers other than speed. Otherwise he observes the flight patterns of discs that other people throw. I also think flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,594 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
One of the questions I asked him was about flight numbers. He said that he doesn't really pay attention to flight numbers other than speed. Otherwise he observes the flight patterns of discs that other people throw. I also think flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.
Yeah that makes sense. When you throw pro/elite power I'm sure a lot of discs that are supposed to be stable aren't stable anymore, and discs that are supposed to be overstable need to be tested to see if they handle wind and how they beat in.

Better off to rate the flight numbers more accurately for larger buying market's power range than the top pro's who already know if they like something after a throw or two.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,231 Times in 1,046 Posts

I'm gonna laugh if he ends up bagging Buzzz GT's or something.