Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

well looks like I know what my next purchase is. Give me some optos and a tm2 pure now!!!

Btw i hate everyone that has posted in this thread. I was doing so well with my addiction and you guys have enabled me!!!!!! gosh darn enablers!!!!!! 500th post!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My box showed up last night. Three pink Opto Pures they feel awsome. My wife said it arrived about five minutes after I left for league. Cant wait to get out and play. The Pure is the first putter that I have owned where I dont feel like the grass is greener on the other side. If my putting is off I dont blame the putter like I use to. I just buckle down and work on my form. Truly a great disc.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone tried flicking pures? I like my zone for flicking but would like something less stable to compliment it.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally love flicking the pure. Its rim is shaped well for clean releases. I have been flicking my christmas pure which is a little less stable than the production run and it will hold lower power hyzer approaches well and do nice turnovers on higher power throws. Pures are just so damn comfortable, getting a clean release is like an afterthought, both fh and bh.

Also, TM2 pures are so so nice. Most comfortable putter I have ever held in my hands. Same grip as the zero, but stiff. I'm looking forward to getting them into some chains, but I feel like they may be a great driving putter as well, depending on how they break in/down. I'm glad I have a a stack of them in case they don't keep this test plastic.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's what I wanted to hear. I putt with challengers but I can never get a clean release when I flick them. I tried my friends zero pure and liked it. Just wished it was a little stiffer. Sounds like the TM pures might have a chance to replace my challengers. We'll see.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 44
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got mine today, TMs and Optos. Was trying to find a better descriptor of how i touch these than fondle but I cant, these things feel great!! cant keep my hands off of them. Cant wait to get outta work.
cya later griplines
Old 04-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

r the optos grippier than Ions?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an Opto on teh way to my house.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niuvalleycane View Post
r the optos grippier than Ions?
I personally think the opto pure's are grippier than the Ions.

I hit a tree on a drive with the TM Diamond and it is taco'd, so I'd stay away from hitting trees

I'm going out to test my opto and TM pure's again today for a few hours before leagues and will have a better gauge about them after tonight. But I love the feel of the new TM pure's.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 63 Times in 30 Posts

i'm debating on whether to pick an opto or 2 and a few of the test materials and was curious as to what people are using them for. right now i throw wizards for everything...beat up 160 gram for turnovers, 170 supersoft for straight drives, 168 glow for main putter, and a 175 evo for overstable.

i didn't know if i'd be able to achieve a similar setup with pures or not. i've used the xd and summit for a while and am not opposed to lower profile putters. distance potential, speed, glide, and stability how would the two compare or could i use a combination without a lot of overlap? i also liked throwing rhynos, does anybody use the pure/rhyno combination to cover under to overstable and everything between?