#281  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Kayman Kayman is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 34
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

3 meters? Thats not a putt. I can put a z Xtreme in the basket with my opposite hand from 10ft away. I am talking 25 - 50ft. Spitouts for me, happen way more often with a grippy putter like a zeroline pure. Atleast on the weak side of the chains. I would rather get a cleaner release with a premium plastic putter. Blowthroughs will happen. It happens with every disc on the market. Just wanted to know the flight. If it flies like a zeroline and feels like a zeroline(flat), I have found my putter. If not, back to the star xd's.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Kayman; 04-28-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Jeronimo's Avatar
Jeronimo Jeronimo is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maine
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 473
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It does feel thicker than a zero line and it does not have the same grippyness. If you could get over that I think it would serve you well. You do sound like a perfect candidate for one of the TM2 Pure though.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 PM
IronJack's Avatar
IronJack IronJack is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 51
Posts: 629
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I'm on the fence with these. I used gripline pures last year and found them to be great at driving and approaching, but ultimately took them out because I didn't like the feel of the plastic. These optos are also great fliers too, but to me, the opto plastic is stiff and slick, which I'm not a fan of.

I use a z zone a lot, and I like how it is shaped similar. It's like having a stable zone. I wish the plastic felt similar.

The flash on mine are ridiculous. Both on the nose and inside rim. It's sharp enough to make them a bit uncomfortable to grip, but I'm concerned about what removing it will do to the flight.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Rugball's Avatar
Rugball Rugball is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portlandia
Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 404
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
It does feel thicker than a zero line and it does not have the same grippyness. If you could get over that I think it would serve you well. You do sound like a perfect candidate for one of the TM2 Pure though.
The opto has a slight dome, whereas my zeroline is pretty flat, almost puddle-top like my Yeti pro. The flash is a bit sharp on it but it should wear down. Only had a chance to try a few practice putts and it has a little fade at the end. Zeroline is pretty straight.

I was curious how the TM2 compared to zeroline in terms of feel, durability and flight. Probably should ask in another thread, but then some troll would say I need to search.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
khmer's Avatar
khmer khmer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 253
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugball View Post
I was curious how the TM2 compared to zeroline in terms of feel, durability and flight. Probably should ask in another thread, but then some troll would say I need to search.
I've been putting with the zero pures for over a year now and driving & approaching with the grip pures for the same amount of time. Personally, the zero feels a bit more tacky and is a bit more grippy which is why I will continue to use them versus the tm pures.

Durability and flight wise, they are very similar; practically the same. Really, the only difference I've notice between the zero and tm pures is that the zero is a bit softer and grippier-which I like. I've played 2 rounds of 18 thus far with the tm pures, plus putting at home with the mach lite-that's what my opinion is based on.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
jrawk's Avatar
jrawk jrawk is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 5,450
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
3 meters? Thats not a putt. I can put a z Xtreme in the basket with my opposite hand from 10ft away. I am talking 25 - 50ft. Spitouts for me, happen way more often with a grippy putter like a zeroline pure. Atleast on the weak side of the chains. I would rather get a cleaner release with a premium plastic putter. Blowthroughs will happen. It happens with every disc on the market. Just wanted to know the flight. If it flies like a zeroline and feels like a zeroline(flat), I have found my putter. If not, back to the star xd's.
Sorry. I meant 30 feet or roughly 10 meters. Brain stopped working.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Rugball's Avatar
Rugball Rugball is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portlandia
Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 404
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer View Post
I've been putting with the zero pures for over a year now and driving & approaching with the grip pures for the same amount of time. Personally, the zero feels a bit more tacky and is a bit more grippy which is why I will continue to use them versus the tm pures.

Durability and flight wise, they are very similar; practically the same. Really, the only difference I've notice between the zero and tm pures is that the zero is a bit softer and grippier-which I like. I've played 2 rounds of 18 thus far with the tm pures, plus putting at home with the mach lite-that's what my opinion is based on.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! It does. I'll be using the opto's for longer approaches and get a couple of ZL pures for general putting. They feel great so you answered my question about whether the TM is a viable option.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:07 PM
khmer's Avatar
khmer khmer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 253
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugball View Post
Thanks! It does. I'll be using the opto's for longer approaches and get a couple of ZL pures for general putting. They feel great so you answered my question about whether the TM is a viable option.
Yeah, the tm pure's are definitely a viable option-they feel great. When it comes to putting, I strictly use zero line plastic.

My 176 opto pure is phenomenal! It will compliment my broken in 172 grip pure.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins
Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,097
Niced 92 Times in 59 Posts
Default

still loving my opto pure .even though the flashing is gone,it still goes super straight with a little fade. i used it alot today and its just $$$ every time!!
Reply With Quote
 

  #290  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
sloppydisc's Avatar
sloppydisc sloppydisc is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 201
Posts: 5,203
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Only a couple rounds so I am still getting used to them, but I like them. I even started to flick them a little to work on my ****ty FH. Have actually made a few decent short approaches with them FH. I'll stick with them, but would really like the next run to have some lower weights. Something from 168-172 would suit me better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.