Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 287 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
heh... I never threw pros so I can't help much... I think those are the popular plastic blend though
They're awesome. Really nice consistent fade, grippy and durable. I bought a stack of them.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
I've never thrown a R-pro Rhyno but have thrown plenty of the other blends... I do have a R-pro Pig that I absolutely swear by...

Until recently, I was throwing Rhynos in Champ and Champ Glow as a main part of my bag... when thrown well, they are fantastic discs... Very reliable
The r-pro rhynos are very run specific. Most are crap but the good blends rival the old pro-line.

I really feel like reliable describes the rhyno in general. For whatever reason it gets overlooked, but it makes my approach game the bread and butter of most of my rounds.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
How's their stability compared to other plastics?
Quote:
I'm sure others can chime in here... I found them similar to champ... basically, easy to over torque and get to turn a bit but still get fade at the end.
Yep. XG champs and champs seemed pretty close stability wise to me.

And I like the reliable descriptor.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 807 Times in 369 Posts

Does anyone else think XT Pro would be a natural fit for the Rhyno? If they became RPO (not a limited release) then I would buy a stack of 10 in a heartbeat.

I googled and found this link. Apparently they have already tried making XTs. The URL says XT and the review says they were marked XT on the bottom. Anyone know why these didn't stick? I'm assuming there were molding issues...
Old 05-06-2017, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

I have 5 Color Glow Champion (San Marino) Rhynos. They feel great in the hand, they're gummy. Three of them are flat top & two have a slight dome. They fly great but beat in WAY quicker than I hoped. The one that's been in my bag since the end of January has lost quite a bit of fade. It fades about as much as my new S-Line P2, will less glide obvious. I have a regular production (Rancho) Champion Rhyno that still has its fade after over a years worth of abuse. I wish regular production Champion Rhynos were consistently flat. I have trouble gripping regular Champion Rhynos when it's wet outside. Should I try out a Star Rhyno? They don't seem as popular as Champion/DX/Pro Rhynos.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,154 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I wish regular production Champion Rhynos were consistently flat. I have trouble gripping regular Champion Rhynos when it's wet outside. Should I try out a Star Rhyno? They don't seem as popular as Champion/DX/Pro Rhynos.
I have a couple of Champion Rancho Rhynos, and they're slightly domey, and have lots of (unexpected) glide. As to Star Rhynos, all of the ones I've seen and held in my paws at the stores have been very flat, so they might be what you're looking for.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 117
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I have 5 Color Glow Champion (San Marino) Rhynos. They feel great in the hand, they're gummy. Three of them are flat top & two have a slight dome. They fly great but beat in WAY quicker than I hoped. The one that's been in my bag since the end of January has lost quite a bit of fade. It fades about as much as my new S-Line P2, will less glide obvious. I have a regular production (Rancho) Champion Rhyno that still has its fade after over a years worth of abuse. I wish regular production Champion Rhynos were consistently flat. I have trouble gripping regular Champion Rhynos when it's wet outside. Should I try out a Star Rhyno? They don't seem as popular as Champion/DX/Pro Rhynos.
If Innova only made the Rhyno in Star plastic it would be a great disc. I would make it work and use it all the time but it just isn't as good as the other plastics. It gets overshadowed by all the great runs of Pro and Champ. I don't think Star has much more grip than Champ. I personally prefer Pro and R-pro the best. Pro does beat in somewhat fast but you get months of a great Rhyno before it starts to straighten out. For me the grip is perfect and I get on target releases very consistently. Not sure if they still have the same run but DGU had some double stamped factory second R-pros that are an awesome blend of R-pro. Good ones are out there.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

I have regular production runs in each plastic, and from my experience I can say the star is less domey than champ, but equally as slick. I agree with r-pro and pro being solid choices, and would include g-star. If you're looking for flat and grippy in wet conditions, r-pro is your best bet, followed by g-star
Old 05-07-2017, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 353 Times in 222 Posts

I'm between zones, pigs, and gator for OS flicks and approaches.

Is it worth adding a champ rhyno to the mix?

Old 05-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,514 Times in 692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I'm between zones, pigs, and gator for OS flicks and approaches.

Is it worth adding a champ rhyno to the mix?
The Rhyno isn't as over stable.

I tried them all and I only carry two Rhynos, for my game I just never found a need for a meathook putter. Never cared for the Zone and the Gator and Pig feel really odd in my hand.