Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Par Member

Niced 18 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Elbow flexion = pulling or swinging the disc into your center.
Elbow extension = pushing or swinging disc away from your center.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...rchid=11920077
That link doesn't work. Do you know the thread name so I can look it up? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObeEYRBOWdM

Been just playing rounds but still working on trying to figure out how it all should feel. Rocking the hips thread and buttwipe drill been quite eye opening and atm trying to work on those.

Tried this offarm motion for first time today since I got some stitches in the back and don't want to rip those. (Man this is addicting sport...) Sort of try to elbow myself forward with it.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,662 Times in 1,662 Posts

You are pushing the disc/door frame back, instead of moving forward around a non moving disc/door frame. You need drive your butt to the target away from your rear foot as you stride into plant. Keep moving your rear foot closer to target in door frame drill, so your shoulder gets pulled back/loading inside the rear foot like sling shot/bow and arrow, as your butt moves closer to target. Video doing this drill will probably help a lot too.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Par Member

https://youtu.be/u1EcDCw0lGg

Sorry, this will take quite a few tries. ��

I moved more towards the target and trying to leverage my shoulders to my left leg while leading with butt and trying to keep head up.

Now it looks like I'm still too much bent from waist throwing a hyzer?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 440 Times in 251 Posts

Should never have both feet on the ground... especially flat footed doing the door frame drill.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah you are folded over your rear hip instead of turned back. Need to turn further back while staying forward inside rear foot. I'd say to turn your rear foot like 135 degrees back from target and open front foot slightly, your front heel should get pulled up or easy to lift front heel and crush with weight/hips going forward an inch or few from door frame. Relax your left arm, let it hang loose next to butt - this is a freewheeling backswing drill and the left arm does nothing but stay out of the way, you appear to be restricting your backswing with it. Note how my left hip and shoulder have turned further back closer to target - Hogan Power Move.

If you are in door frame drill and looking back at door frame, your rear toes should be almost touching the door frame line/your hand. Your rear ankle, knee, and hip and chin should be or feel stacked inline to the target to leverage everything forward while still turning away further counterclockwise from target. I think your chin is stacked more over your toes with you being folded over your hip.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 12.29.56 AM copy.jpg (52.2 KB, 46 views)

Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 PM
Par Member

Gotta get back to door frame drill. However played a round today and realised how my whole throw is starting from head down, tried to work on ground up after a little.

Really trying to accomplish that feeling where my middle/ass moves forward while shoulders keep turning further back and once front leg lands and hip starts clearing it picks the shoulders up while they still try to move further back. That in my head makes the space for shoulders to rotate freely and really smash in. Does this sound like right swing thought?

Now I feel something is restricting me from turning back as much as I want, maybe it's that left leg not allowing the hips to turn enough because it's not ~135 degrees from target and also left arm being tucked in? Would like to keep left arm where it is as letting it move freely makes absolutely chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL7zr7Q-NZI

But yea as I said, will get back to door frame drill shortly. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-26-2019, 04:33 PM
* Ace Member *

I think of hips and shoulders rotating the same direction together. The separation of hips/shoulder is in the linear space - shifting lower body forward linearly which lags the shoulders, not the hips rotating against the shoulders. Your hips and shoulders should both be rotating counter clockwise while holding the door frame while making the forward move with the butt.

Your balance(lack of balance on left foot) is what is restricting your turn in the backswing and leverage forward. Your rear foot angle looks fine, but your upper body is folding over/falling over to the left teepad side away from your rear foot. It looks like your weight pressure is staying on the outside edge of your rear foot/little toe, instead of rolling forward onto the inside edge/instep/big toe.

You can keep the rear hand on the rear thigh or inside, but you got to turn from the hips like SC shows in Best Lower Body Backswing. You should feel a big difference in the leverage with Hogan Power Move/Butt Wipe. All the vids in here apply...
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133543

Rear foot rolls/banks to inside edge to drive lower body forward off instep: