Old 12-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I agree that with Lighting discs they do glow well but the #2 Driver does not float all that well despite being a floating disc the main reason I had said disc, mine only floated for 15 minutes before sinking, same for my brothers but 20 minutes due to his ending up in water on a calm day. I found the XL to fly like a new #2 Driver and not get as messed up due to the soft durability plastic found in most of the Lighting discs, unless you find the Prostyle plastic for a mold.
The one my friend has is lightning strike out so not sure of the mold. Seems like understable fairway
Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 854 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrington disc View Post
The one my friend has is lightning strike out so not sure of the mold. Seems like understable fairway
Yeah I currently use a #2 upshot in Prostyle plastic for uphill and downhill putts but it used to be my driving putter as well in the 2000's before the top got the micro waffling pattern. It is getting old and might become a part of my beginner bag, My current set of Jawbreaker Magnets from mid 2017 are starting getting a bit floppy so the more beat in Jawbreaker Magnet that I labeled approach putt for just longer putts might become my uphill/downhill putter. Then the other Jawbreaker Magnet that says putter becomes my longer putter disc with approach written on it and I get a new Jawbreaker Magnet.

I had as first disc a Rubber Putter, mine was light enough to float. They have to be under 175 grams to float and mine was 166 grams that I had before I gave it to my mom to use as an approach putter My mom she likes the Comet for midrange stuff and the Rubber Putter is one of the closest molds to a domed Comet that I can think of. My dad got one at about the same time but his is 174 grams and the modern baseline plastic with the DuPont material added to the disc.

Now as for glow discs the Ones that Innova makes with the Champion are good for glow rounds, they glow better then most others except the Lighting Glow. I have never seen discs glow as well as Lighting Glow.