Old 02-27-2020, 11:30 AM
AKA dgfanatic7

Niced 239 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I forget exactly, I believe it was sort of cocked out of even when I got it, I tried to fix it and ended up breaking it. Not sure why it really matters, I want to buy a new one. A free replacement would be cool, but I am really just looking to replace it on my own as I broke it.
I would encourage you to email him one more time. He’s usually pretty good about responding quickly but recently with Ricky being sponsored, and the new cart customizer that just launched hes been fairly busy but i talk with him pretty regularly on facebook messenger. I’m sure he could help you get it fixed once you start talking with him
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 40
Niced 184 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
I would encourage you to email him one more time. He’s usually pretty good about responding quickly but recently with Ricky being sponsored, and the new cart customizer that just launched hes been fairly busy but i talk with him pretty regularly on facebook messenger. I’m sure he could help you get it fixed once you start talking with him
I will try facebook, but this really wasn't a recent issue, I broke it probably 6-8 months ago. I got a response, but not a second one after I described my issue.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:01 AM
AKA dgfanatic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I will try facebook, but this really wasn't a recent issue, I broke it probably 6-8 months ago. I got a response, but not a second one after I described my issue.
Fair enough, joe won’t be the guy to shrug his shoulders and say oh well.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 236
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 77 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocs8x9x View Post
Rollout!
Matt Bell is rocking the new V3 Ridge Roller setup. He gives a shout out in his In The Bag vid. The website has the bag listed, but the pre-sale hasn't started yet.

I like the taller pockets on the new bag. I'd like to know if there are mesh and/or zipper internal pockets. I'd be cool to get a rundown of all the improvements over the V2. I'm also curious about color options.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:52 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 238 Times in 143 Posts

I almost wish I had waited for the Ridge Roller Bag V3. I bought the V2 and the long pockets just aren't accessible enough, so they don't get used. I like the V3 having the full-length zippers for the long pockets. It would be nice if they did trade-ups...but I can understand why a business wouldn't do that - so I'll stick with my V2 bag.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.4
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 586 Times in 242 Posts

I've been using the same bag I bought way back in 1997 all this time and wanna get a cart. Convinced my wife it was okay to drop $300 on one, then I started reading about Ridge Roller and now I've convinced her it's okay to drop $500 if I wait until next year.

I'll be 48 next year. Definitely ready to not carry stuff on my shoulder anymore. If I'm only going to buy something every quarter century, might as well go for the best, eh?

Very much a newb when it comes to modern equipment. So with RR, you purchase a top of the line backpack and a metal cart separately, and you can decide if you want to put them together and roll or just carry the backpack, correct? Is it worth the extra few hundred over a Zuca?
Old 06-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 195 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I've been using the same bag I bought way back in 1997 all this time and wanna get a cart. Convinced my wife it was okay to drop $300 on one, then I started reading about Ridge Roller and now I've convinced her it's okay to drop $500 if I wait until next year.

I'll be 48 next year. Definitely ready to not carry stuff on my shoulder anymore. If I'm only going to buy something every quarter century, might as well go for the best, eh?

Very much a newb when it comes to modern equipment. So with RR, you purchase a top of the line backpack and a metal cart separately, and you can decide if you want to put them together and roll or just carry the backpack, correct? Is it worth the extra few hundred over a Zuca?
Yep the bag clips into the roller which is the metal part with the wheels. The bag has a frame in it to sit on so even without the wheels you can sit.

I am on year 2 of mine and really enjoy it. If you use it enough it is definitely worth it for the reduced strain alone.

No experience with zucas. They seem okay also.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

I have a Pound Octothorpe and a Zuca XL backpack cart. The cart works great with the Octo and the Octo is very comfortable for carrying on courses that aren't cart friendly. Cant comment on how the Ridge bag is to carry without using the Roller cart.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 195 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefolfer View Post
I have a Pound Octothorpe and a Zuca XL backpack cart. The cart works great with the Octo and the Octo is very comfortable for carrying on courses that aren't cart friendly. Cant comment on how the Ridge bag is to carry without using the Roller cart.
Bag is great! Good amount of storage. Can go heavy on discs or more conservative and have a lot of room for extras. Not very heavy even with the seat frame. I had a gorilla boy simian before and it is as comfortable as that was, if not more because it is smaller.

Old 08-07-2020, 11:54 PM
AKA dgfanatic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

Considering the owner of ridge roller designed the original AT Cart, i have found the Ridge Roller to be the perfected more versatile version, you can rock the backpack, use the roller and backpack or splurge for an R3 box and go delta style, all depends on your budget and preferences. I like having as many options as possible, so i have the Roller, R3 and V3 Ridge backpack.