Old 02-20-2020, 12:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 83
Niced 1,953 Times in 467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
No thanks
True story, I could whistle a carrier tone sufficiently well to convince the answering computer that I too was a computer, and used this trick to buy myself an extra thirty seconds while I waited for my (primitive) computer to boot up, load the terminal program, flip the switch to put the modem on the line, etc.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 02-20-2020, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,680 Times in 1,080 Posts

Am I a cheap mooch if I don't care at all about live coverage because I simply do not have nor the desire to have 3 hours occupied by disc golf coverage? I'd rather be on the course...

Post production ftw...

Old 02-20-2020, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,990 Times in 868 Posts

I don't really care what they do, I don't even watch it when it's free.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-20-2020, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,808 Times in 1,072 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Some people were walking the line on rather or not to buy into the coverage. But being called a mooch put me on the side of not buying into it.

I've watched live but I'm not into who wins and loses, I just want to see all the good shots so post videos do great for me.

But I'm sure they won't miss one cranky old man not watching.

Niced: (4)
Old 02-20-2020, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,533 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post

PAY FOR THEIR COVERAGE.

So even if you don't pay for the DGPT. Go out and support a post production team on Patreon. The Disc Golf Guy, CCDG, Jomez, Ace Run. WHOEVER.

Don't be a lazy mooch.
I am a proud capitalist, but if one is going to put commercials in their production, then that is their revenue model. I will never pay for any feed that has commericals.

Offer me commerical free content and I will pay for it. Commerical free also means no soft infomercial style like Jomez uses with Innova pros.

It is not my fault if their(your) revenue model is flawed.

Normally, I filter my thoughts before I post... but if you are going to be a jackwagon, I will return in kind. Have a pleasant day.

Old 02-20-2020, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,808 Times in 1,072 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

This isn't the first time a disc golf media person came on here and insulted the masses who disagreed with them

Maybe they need to hire a marketing person to explain to them how to act towards their target audience.

Old 02-20-2020, 12:21 PM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 20 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I am a proud capitalist, but if one is going to put commercials in their production, then that is their revenue model. I will never pay for any feed that has commericals.

Offer me commerical free content and I will pay for it. Commerical free also means no soft infomercial style like Jomez uses with Innova pros.

It is not my fault if their(your) revenue model is flawed.
I don't think that a business model has to be all one or all the other. While some services (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, etc.) get their revenue directly from their subscribers and some streaming services (i.e. Roku TV) just play ads, other media sources use both. If you want to watch something on cable for instance, you pay for the access to the channel as well as getting advertisements thrown into your shows.

It's simply a consumer choice. I prefer to not have ads during my Netflix shows but I won't subscribe to Pandora to get rid of them because the ads don't bother me as much in the car (for whatever reason). To each his own I suppose.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:26 PM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Frankly, I'd rather pay as a Patreon supporter to Jomez or CCDG than pay for a subscription to a live Pay-walled coverage for an event (or even all of them).

I'd rather support the media teams directly as I appreciate their work. I've seen a few of those events live, it was a bit of a let down. So to pay for it, that rubs me wrong especially while they're still figuring things out.

However, if there are commercials, then paying additional money for live coverage is a bit off-putting to me personally. I get it; just don't like it.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,248 Times in 507 Posts

I'll probably pay for at least a month to see how it is. And to support the DGPT.

Also, if I'm a paying subscriber, then I can complain and nobody roasts me for whining about a free service, right? RIGHT? #pay-to-complain

Old 02-20-2020, 03:25 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 18 Times in 7 Posts

I just downloaded the "Vimeo" app on my I-Phone so that I could be coverage for the Vegas tournament and watch it at work (have it on as background music). I see nothing on the app in terms of purchasing DGPT content. I'm not sure that I downloaded the proper app or not as there is also a "Vimeo Plus Monthly" app but that one sounded like I would have to pay a fee simply to subscribe to the service before even paying for disc golf content. Any help appreciated