Old 11-11-2020, 08:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 494 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
My county has nearly 100% mask compliance. I haven't seen anyone in a store without one in a couple months at least. Yet we are experiencing the same surge as elsewhere and are worse than we've ever been in hospitalizations and case counts.
The mask stuff is all fine and good... but if you've got bars open, or have people having parties.. they just don't help in those situations (they're not being used). Same really with sitting in a restaurant... especially if it's cold, and there's no fresh air ventilation.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:50 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 399 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmike View Post
The mask stuff is all fine and good... but if you've got bars open, or have people having parties.. they just don't help in those situations (they're not being used). Same really with sitting in a restaurant... especially if it's cold, and there's no fresh air ventilation.
Exactly.

Anyone on here complaining about masks, unless you're having thanksgiving dinner with only your immediate family, you're a complete hypocrite for complaining about someone not wearing a mask at Walmart.

I wonder how many of the sanctimonious voices on here can pledge that they're not?

Niced: (2)
Old 11-11-2020, 09:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 494 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Exactly.

Anyone on here complaining about masks, unless you're having thanksgiving dinner with only your immediate family, you're a complete hypocrite for complaining about someone not wearing a mask at Walmart.

I wonder how many of the sanctimonious voices on here can pledge that they're not?
It'll be me, my wife and kids Then again, I'm not even allowed on the property at work, we haven't done anything more than take out, and the one time I went to a 'bar'.. I sat outside with one other person and had one beer. Completely appropriately distanced. We've got some side issues that really demand that we take measures to limit exposure within the extended family though. Most people.. don't is my guess (or don't believe in any of this or care about it.. neither are things I'm in the mood to debate at any rate).

Niced: (1)
Old 11-11-2020, 09:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,467 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmike View Post
Well interestingly enough up here in BC we are on the verge of losing control at 450 cases a day. They have suggested that people in the main land region stay put for two weeks, get extra cautious.(haha the f in weekenders are still coming and going as they please ) Gym use is curtailed, restaurants are open. But here's the fun part:

Through contact tracing and incident reports the majority of transmission is happening in private residences where people may be letting their guard down and there are very few if any transmissions happening at restaurants and shopping. They have recommended that if you go to a restaurant you only do it with your household. Wear masks indoors if people aren't from your household but for the most part Visit your friends online instead.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 417 Times in 159 Posts

It will just be my wife and I for Thanksgiving, same as it always is. It helps that our families live 600 and 900 miles away. The family 600 miles away (my side) couldn't really afford the trip here even if I wanted them to travel. Her family would be here at the drop of a hat if we allowed it, but their version of "we're being good about staying away from people" has them around way too many people.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,139 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
My county has nearly 100% mask compliance. I haven't seen anyone in a store without one in a couple months at least. Yet we are experiencing the same surge as elsewhere and are worse than we've ever been in hospitalizations and case counts.
You probably are not witness to the superspreader opportunities....ie..restaurants, gyms, churches.....
Old 11-11-2020, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,139 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Exactly.

I will not. I just spent two twelve hours shifts in a hospital. I am in self isolation for two weeks, including Thanksgiving. I am heartbroken not to hang out with my sisters and their kids and my Mom. Watch a little Lions football and stuff myself like a pig.....come on...I live for that stuff!! But, even if I was not isolating, I am not seeing my family, aside from outside and distanced. It is hard, it is heartbreaking, but it could save the life of someone i love. Hopefully next year.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,467 Times in 961 Posts

I will second that, I call my parents all the time and they commented to my wife that I never come in the house. My brother still does but we are high risk.. Too many people it's our jobs, we're all "essential services". I'm getting stressed out a couple of my big jobs are ending and we will need to do 10+ short jobs in people's houses a week. Christmas is cancelled ish.. Which sucks. I want sausage rolls and crib. And so much food I feel the need to nap on the floor!
Old 11-11-2020, 11:05 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 399 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
You probably are not witness to the superspreader opportunities....ie..restaurants, gyms, churches.....
I agree and that's sort of my point.

Masks are an important tool. They definitely improve the odds when you're forced into close contact and prevent the odd Walmart transmission. However this whole political mask battle has become a distraction from the important measures: Stay the F away from other people.

I live in a pretty leftish area. I find it quite comical that I get disdainful looks from masked people passing me on the sidewalk on their way to visit at their friends' or neighbors' house.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,758 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I will not. I just spent two twelve hours shifts in a hospital. I am in self isolation for two weeks, including Thanksgiving. I am heartbroken not to hang out with my sisters and their kids and my Mom. Watch a little Lions football and stuff myself like a pig.....come on...I live for that stuff!! But, even if I was not isolating, I am not seeing my family, aside from outside and distanced. It is hard, it is heartbreaking, but it could save the life of someone i love. Hopefully next year.
Same for our family here too. I had originally stumped to continue with our plans, as it's a small gathering. But with the numbers surging, nope. Not to mention, my wife has been having to cover tons of extra shifts in the covid-19 testing area, so she's been in direct contact with potentially sick people. Last thing we want to do is spread it to my elderly grandmother. It'll be out first missed family holiday in my lifetime.