Old 11-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Par Member

Niced 91 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
Was SW basically saying he could park putters at 500 feet like Lizotte? His video doesn't show so. He made it seem like he was as good as Lizotte. If he tried that same shot Lizotte threw SW would be fishing his putter from the bottom of the drink.
No he wasn't. He was saying you should be able to use putters off the tee.

Quote his post and highlight exactly where you think he implied he could throw a putter 500'
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-13-2020, 02:19 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
No he wasn't. He was saying you should be able to use putters off the tee.

Quote his post and highlight exactly where you think he implied he could throw a putter 500'
This is what he said-

"You should be able to throw putters hard and far, like Simon and GG and KJ and PP, not like some baby."

That implies to me that he throws putters really far just like those pros. Then he posts a video where he doesnt really throw them far, just downhill...
Old 11-13-2020, 02:28 PM
Par Member

Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
This is what he said-

"You should be able to throw putters hard and far, like Simon and GG and KJ and PP, not like some baby."

That implies to me that he throws putters really far just like those pros. Then he posts a video where he doesnt really throw them far, just downhill...
You have an uncanny ability to miss the god-damned point. His video clearly shows a sweet, powerful throw off the tee using a slow mid-range. If he had thrown a Destroyer, it would have blown way past that basket. Do you fail to see how this is a good skill to have?

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingBoats View Post
You have an uncanny ability to miss the god-damned point. His video clearly shows a sweet, powerful throw off the tee using a slow mid-range. If he had thrown a Destroyer, it would have blown way past that basket. Do you fail to see how this is a good skill to have?
I do see. Entirely missed the point I was making though. I was saying that at some point one has to go out to a field, or on the course, or somewhere and practice throwing the crap out of drivers. You can ask any pro who throws far how they learned and they will all say they practiced throwing the crap out of drivers. One can go on finessing putters around the course somehow thinking that their form will magically just appear and they will bomb discs 500 feet but the reality is different. To throw far you have to practice throwing far with fast discs.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Par Member

Niced 91 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
This is what he said-

PP is another pro mentioned and throws the putter about 350' during tournament rounds, based on the video SW shared, I would bet he can match that.

He said you should be able to throw putters far...Then listed examples of people who crush putters 350'+ meanwhile you have fixated on a single 500' shot by Simon and assume that's what he meant?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Par Member

Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
I do see. Entirely missed the point I was making though. I was saying that at some point one has to go out to a field, or on the course, or somewhere and practice throwing the crap out of drivers. You can ask any pro who throws far how they learned and they will all say they practiced throwing the crap out of drivers. One can go on finessing putters around the course somehow thinking that their form will magically just appear and they will bomb discs 500 feet but the reality is different. To throw far you have to practice throwing far with fast discs.
There is nothing magical about a fast driver. You can absolutely learn to bomb with a putter, and other than relatively trivial grip considerations and an ability to control nose angle, the skills translate to any disc.

I am trying to be systematic in my process of learning one mold at a time because mostly, I care about shot shapes and control. I am pretty sure my 380' Shark tosses will almost immediately translate to 400+ feet with a fairway. Time will tell I guess, but I don't see any evidence for what you are trying to say here.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingBoats View Post
There is nothing magical about a fast driver. You can absolutely learn to bomb with a putter, and other than relatively trivial grip considerations and an ability to control nose angle, the skills translate to any disc.

I am trying to be systematic in my process of learning one mold at a time because mostly, I care about shot shapes and control. I am pretty sure my 380' Shark tosses will almost immediately translate to 400+ feet with a fairway. Time will tell I guess, but I don't see any evidence for what you are trying to say here.
The fastest way to better distance and control is practice in a field with fast drivers. The top throwing pros all share one thing in common in how they learned- they all became obsessed with throwing drivers far and practiced doing such to absurdity.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:25 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 254 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
The fastest way to better distance and control is practice in a field with fast drivers. The top throwing pros all share one thing in common in how they learned- they all became obsessed with throwing drivers far and practiced doing such to absurdity.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Old 11-13-2020, 04:44 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff?
Watching them interview pros and they talk about how they went and threw endlessly for distance when they first started learning.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,343 Times in 666 Posts

How does throwing your putters as far as you can NOT translate to also throwing every other disc in your bag as far as you can?

Post #13 brodeo.