Old 11-16-2020, 11:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 495 Times in 268 Posts

It's still about 80 here (and I mean, right now at 20:32hrs). During the summer, more people are indoors. We're still experiencing a spike. I don't think it has a thing to do with the weather.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2020, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,472 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Seems like most of the Northern hemisphere is spiking right now
Yup its cold out and everyone wants to be indoors.. It's especially problematic for the people that are extra social or less concerned. Its going to be a rough winter.

I cant believe people on their deathbed are saying they thought it's a hoax... the whole it can't happen to me thing + confidence. It's just very sad and in their case tragic misinformation
Old 11-17-2020, 01:43 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 399 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
This is nothing more than rhetoric. The paths Whitmer and Wolf took were not very different in any fashion. Whitmer's initial lockdown were much more severe...they had to be. Detroit and its metro area, were initially one of the very worst in the country. From this insiders perspective, she saved the healthcare system here. The republican legislature in Michigan did nothing and have continued that course. From that point on, things simply are not that different from here and PA. The attention was from Trump, and IMO because she is a woman.
I appreciate your subtle points, but you seem to have an agenda.

Enough politics from me. I hope the east coast continues to see lower numbers, but I suspect they will not.
I take issue with your assertion that I have an agenda because she's female, I think if you look back I have been equally critical of male politicians' grandstanding.

Furthermore I think if you look closely you will see that:

Our initial lockdown was as severe, Philadelphia was as bad as detroit, and our republican legislature was equally as intransigent as Michigan's. From there I think you will begin to see some differences in how Whitmer and Wolf dealt with it.

Finally, I don't much care about the political perception, or which side you're on, or if you're standing up to trump, etc. I care about results. Quite frankly her results suck. Her state is in as piss poor of shape as the southern do-nothing republican states. I live in an urban area and my daughter has been in school since the beginning of September without incident, while you guys are shutting down, so I'm going to continue to believe that Wolf has gotten much better results.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-17-2020, 01:50 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
I take issue with your assertion that I have an agenda because she's female, I think if you look back I have been equally critical of male politicians' grandstanding.

Our initial lockdown was as severe, Philadelphia was as bad as detroit, and our republican legislature was equally as intransigent as Michigan's. From there I think you will begin to see some differences in how Whitmer and Wolf dealt with it.

Finally, I don't much care about the political perception, or which side you're on, or if you're standing up to trump, etc. I care about results. Quite frankly her results suck. Her state is in as piss poor of shape as the southern do-nothing republican states. I live in an urban area and my daughter has been in school since the beginning of September without incident, while you guys are shutting down, so I'm going to continue to believe that Wolf has gotten much better results.
ALSO, we have pretty high mask compliance in spite of the fact 49% of the population voted for Trump.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:00 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
Regardless it is unfortunate that a pandemic has been so politicized from early on.
It is a shame. I think one of the things that has made Wolf successful is his attempts to de-politicize it. If you watch his news conferences they're very matter of the fact. It's stats and what you should be doing to help. Some other governors are constantly bringing up political issues and sprinkling in "Biden" and "Trump", which has one effect, causing roughly half the population to completely discount and ignore what you're saying.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,147 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post

My apologies if my response implied I was calling you misogynistic. Not my intent at all, Trump yes, you no.

I still maintain that the differences likely have very little to do with the current differences in hospitalizations. But, I also don't know. I just see there being WAY too many variables to say.

At this point, it is all moot. Nobody should be going to school, movies, gyms, hairdressers, restaurants anyway. Shut them down...or not, there should be no customers.

The entire discussion is relative anyway. PA is not on the decline. They are also seeing alarming increases in numbers, just not as bad as anywhere in the Midwest.

Stay the fluke at home.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Nobody should be going to school, movies, gyms, hairdressers, restaurants anyway. Shut them down...or not, there should be no customers.
Do you have a job?
Old 11-17-2020, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,147 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
Do you have a job?
I do.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
I do.
I am guessing its not at a school, movies, gyms, hairdresser or restaurant?

Old 11-17-2020, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,814 Times in 1,076 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
I am guessing its not at a school, movies, gyms, hairdresser or restaurant?
He's a nurse, working the "front lines" of COVID-19.