#2131  
Old 11-16-2020, 08:44 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is online now
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,207
Niced 231 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
"Evidence"????

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Do you know what 85% from 25 feet means? I guess not.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2132  
Old 11-16-2020, 08:49 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is online now
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,207
Niced 231 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Cool story. Not sure I get your point though.
DGA took his idea and created a basket. It's only approved under the basic rating however.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...cation/targets

So according to https://www.pdga.com/files/2021_pdga_tour_standards.pdf

it would only be acceptable for C-Tiers or leagues.
Reply With Quote
  #2133  
Old 11-16-2020, 08:59 PM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cascadia
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,770
Niced 332 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
DGA took his idea and created a basket. It's only approved under the basic rating however.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...cation/targets

So according to https://www.pdga.com/files/2021_pdga_tour_standards.pdf

it would only be acceptable for C-Tiers or leagues.
That part was obvious. I'm more interested in your admission of not trying them.
Reply With Quote
  #2134  
Old 11-16-2020, 09:08 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is online now
Size Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,207
Niced 231 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
That part was obvious. I'm more interested in your admission of not trying them.
I already had a basket when it came out, otherwise I like the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #2135  
Old 11-16-2020, 09:09 PM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cascadia
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,770
Niced 332 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
I already had a basket when it came out, otherwise I like the idea.
Darn tootin' you like the idea!
Reply With Quote
  #2136  
Old 11-16-2020, 10:30 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,504
Niced 5,105 Times in 1,754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
I've posted hundreds of posts of evidence, you ignored it all. That is not how you create a winning argument. Then you just make up random stuff and try as you said, get this thread into the landfill. You admit you are scared that people won't play your tourneys anymore of a new basket caught on "close by" and your courses could become "obsolete."

You've shown your motive to why you feel like you do, you never disputed or even tried to rebuttal any facts I presented. You don't care what is best for disc golf longterm, only your personal interests.
No, you have presented nothing. No problem, no solution and no pragmatic way to solve no problem. I am not in an argument, that is a troll's confusion. Nobody wants smaller baskets, it is not even a thing.

I am afraid nobody will play my tournaments in your imaginary world? Do you take drugs? I am the the voice and face of what is good for disc golf long term. Out in the real world, making new courses, introducing new players to the game. Tell us what you are doing for the game?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2137  
Old 11-16-2020, 10:32 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,504
Niced 5,105 Times in 1,754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Do you know what 85% from 25 feet means? I guess not.
Yes, it means putting is difficult.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2138  
Old 11-17-2020, 01:36 AM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,539
Niced 1,834 Times in 1,018 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Fond memories of Cam Todd's Pro basket thread.
In the end, he raised 2% of the $12,800 goal.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ctprodiscgolf
All the pros were sure on board!
Interesting design. This thread always makes me ponder new basket designs. Maybe marksman style but with a bigger basket. Maybe even no chains, just a pole, but with a bigger basket. hmm...
Reply With Quote
  #2139  
Old 11-17-2020, 02:15 AM
rocthecourse's Avatar
rocthecourse rocthecourse is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: WI (near Il border)
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,381
Niced 519 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
You are a buffoon, attempting to troll this forum for attention. Do not trifle with me, using some lame trolling nonsense.
It's actually some pretty solid trolling, he's got you all riled up and posting.

Reply With Quote
 

  #2140  
Old 11-17-2020, 05:31 AM
Jugular Jugular is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 378
Niced 238 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
So an "artificial" OB delineated by ropes is not "legit", but a pond full of water of the exact same dimensions is legit?

Amazing.
This is what surprises me about the assumption that "everyone" hates gimmicks. At the very least I believe that for every disc golfer during those few seconds after losing a favourite disc in a deep pond they wish it were just a roped off area of grass.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why don't the pros throw 13 and 14 speed discs? DarkAce1978 General Disc Golf Chat 61 05-26-2018 06:07 PM
Rhyno: Why don't more pros use them? spahnandsain Discs 48 11-24-2017 04:01 AM
Smaller basket name? AzteC Other Gear 6 08-08-2014 12:56 AM
DG pros rock - shoutout to Sarah Hokom & Don Smith Timeetyo General Disc Golf Chat 24 06-19-2014 05:46 PM
2012 Worlds: Invited Pros - don't wait. Your spot will be taken on May 1. Spinthrift Tournaments & Leagues 2 04-20-2012 10:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.