Old 11-22-2020, 08:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 337 Times in 116 Posts

In my area, UDisc is the must have app for scorekeeping, absolutely everyone has it and uses it. I don't use the distance tracking because the GPS coverage in my area is spotty.
Personally, I prefer DGCR when deciding which courses to play when I am traveling.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 397
Niced 574 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
In my area, UDisc is the must have app for scorekeeping, absolutely everyone has it and uses it. I don't use the distance tracking because the GPS coverage in my area is spotty.
Personally, I prefer DGCR when deciding which courses to play when I am traveling.
The biggest advantage to UDisc is their online map. Makes playing courses so much easier.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
The biggest advantage to UDisc is their online map. Makes playing courses so much easier.
I do use that feature a lot. I've played some courses that would have been unplayable if not for the map feature on Udisc.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-23-2020, 01:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 526
Niced 1,935 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Agree with this 100%. It's basically one of 2 reasons I use it. The other is for locating courses that aren't on DGCR on road trips.

I've scored exactly 3 rounds on Udisc. Those were for courses not listed on here. I added them as soon as I got home. For 5 bucks a year it's worth it for those 2 features alone. But the "reviews"? No thanks.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 322
Niced 128 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
giving it a 1 is misleading nonsense and an insult to the builders.
Of the 300+ courses I've played, I would rate this course in the bottom 10 percent. Granted, most of the courses I've written reviews for and rated 0.5-1.5 have significant issues. How else should I rate a wide-open course with a monotonous and mostly uninteresting design?

The "misleading nonsense" is all the 4.0-5.0 reviews this course has received on UDisc.

By the way, the "builders" of this course have been vocal about asking for donations to help them complete this boring course. That could be considered insulting ...

My reason for breaking from convention and posting a brief review on UDisc was to help educate those considering on whether to play this course, because the 4.4 rating and glowing reviews are extremely misleading. In my deleted review, I suggested that if you weren't local (I'm not) or a serious course bagger (I am), you should pass on this course.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
It sounds like the OP gave a rating of 1 to offset the high reviews a course was getting.
I believe in using the full range of ratings (0.5 to 5.0) in my reviews of playable courses. For me, this course is definitely near the bottom of the 300+ courses I've played.

Granted, I was a little frustrated to drive about 40 minutes "out of my way" to have such a disappointing experience. But I posted photos on DGCR and will write a review soon so those on DGCR can make a more informed decision about this course.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 81
Niced 337 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post
I believe in using the full range of ratings (0.5 to 5.0) in my reviews of playable courses. For me, this course is definitely near the bottom of the 300+ courses I've played.

Granted, I was a little frustrated to drive about 40 minutes "out of my way" to have such a disappointing experience. But I posted photos on DGCR and will write a review soon so those on DGCR can make a more informed decision about this course.
Sorry Cerealman, but any course with a tank parked in the fairway gets at least a 2.5 in my book!

Old 11-23-2020, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,112 Times in 1,756 Posts

Quote:
Sorry Cerealman, but any course with a tank parked in the fairway gets at least a 2.5 in my book!

That's what the last guy to review the Tiananmen Square Rotary Disc Golf Course (TSRDC) wrote.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 4
Niced 627 Times in 266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post

I was wondering if that was the course.

I haven't played it, but the locals seem to love it.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:55 PM
Bogey Member

I’m suspicious that the locals are being bribed by the local disc golf shop / sponsor.

Not sure why this boring garbage course is getting so much positive attention. A few miles away, the Claytons is a fantastic 18-hole course that is worthy of its glowing reviews.

Niced: (1)