Old 11-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 62 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Anytime you're close to SW Ohio look me up, I'll take your money while giving you a lesson.
You should of caught me 10 years ago, when I was still playing in the rec division like you are.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2020, 07:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 30
Niced 649 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO View Post
You say "I hardly ever practice now..." The light switch totally turns off for me when I hear something like that. Who would I be wanting to get advice from? Paul McBeth who practices hard every day or some guy who says "I hardly ever practice now, but I beat the best in the country"?

Arrogance? Hardly No practice and thinking you are the best is the very definition of arrogance.
Do you have comprehension issues?

Read again.

I consistently at our Winter putting leagues beat or compete with some of the best putters in the country (multi time National champions, HOF'ers and up and coming Open champs (UK) Without practice. That's not saying I'm the best here. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination, That's not saying I couldn't be better, I most definitely could. It is saying that by learning how to do it properly I've got to a reasonable standard that I can maintain without having to waste hours in the back garden practising poor technique.

Work smarter not harder. If you can work smarter and harder even better. You're failing on the smart bit as smart involves learning from others and taking good advice. Keep practising your poor form, you will engrain the bad habits and when you reach your plateau to break them will be even harder.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-24-2020, 10:39 AM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Do you have comprehension issues?

Read again.

I consistently at our Winter putting leagues beat or compete with some of the best putters in the country (multi time National champions, HOF'ers and up and coming Open champs (UK) Without practice. That's not saying I'm the best here. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination, That's not saying I couldn't be better, I most definitely could. It is saying that by learning how to do it properly I've got to a reasonable standard that I can maintain without having to waste hours in the back garden practising poor technique.

Work smarter not harder. If you can work smarter and harder even better. You're failing on the smart bit as smart involves learning from others and taking good advice. Keep practising your poor form, you will engrain the bad habits and when you reach your plateau to break them will be even harder.
Doesn't sound productive or principled to listen to advice from someone who hardly ever practices. Doesn't make any sense at all. Michael Jordan comes to mind as someone who practiced hard and maintained that hard practice everyday. You don't become the best version of yourself by not continually working hard to better yourself.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:19 AM
Par Member

Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Doesn't sound productive or principled to listen to advice from someone who hardly ever practices. Doesn't make any sense at all. Michael Jordan comes to mind as someone who practiced hard and maintained that hard practice everyday. You don't become the best version of yourself by not continually working hard to better yourself.
This is all you do here. You passive aggressively latch onto some aspect of a comment that is immaterial to the actual discussion.

The trajectory of this topic has been chaotic, mostly thanks to this pattern, but one of the meta-discussions in this thread now is about the general philosophy of how one goes about learning complex skills. Your ideas about this are so wrong they aren't even worth discussing honestly. No one, anywhere, with any credibility is going to be recommending max exertion with improper technique as the starting point. NO ONE. PERIOD.

Except I guess you, but by your own definitions you have no credibility. The only thing you ever bring up to attempt to look credible is a reference to your noob gain 350 distance. You just literally called someone out who actually competes at a way, way higher level, because, of course, according to YOU, they don't practice right. Do you see how every single thing gets you say gets filtered through some weird ass narcissistic ego tunnel?

You hold everyone but yourself to insane standards, and want to pretend like you have a leg to stand on. You don't, and this should be embarrassing, but here we are.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 62 Times in 39 Posts

Really good video of PP explaining the fundamentals of the backhand throw to Kelsey.

https://youtu.be/TyV8411dObw
Old 11-24-2020, 11:52 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 419 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, why would Tiger Woods even listen to his caddy? His caddy hasn't won multiple majors, must be useless. /sarcasm
Old 11-24-2020, 12:43 PM
Captain Oblivous!

Niced 71 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingBoats View Post
This is all you do here. You passive aggressively latch onto some aspect of a comment that is immaterial to the actual discussion.

The trajectory of this topic has been chaotic, mostly thanks to this pattern, but one of the meta-discussions in this thread now is about the general philosophy of how one goes about learning complex skills. Your ideas about this are so wrong they aren't even worth discussing honestly. No one, anywhere, with any credibility is going to be recommending max exertion with improper technique as the starting point. NO ONE. PERIOD.

Except I guess you, but by your own definitions you have no credibility. The only thing you ever bring up to attempt to look credible is a reference to your noob gain 350 distance. You just literally called someone out who actually competes at a way, way higher level, because, of course, according to YOU, they don't practice right. Do you see how every single thing gets you say gets filtered through some weird ass narcissistic ego tunnel?

You hold everyone but yourself to insane standards, and want to pretend like you have a leg to stand on. You don't, and this should be embarrassing, but here we are.
Who said anything about max exertion with improper technique? I am saying to put in effort coupled with learning and tweaking the technique.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Par Member

Niced 170 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Who said anything about max exertion with improper technique? I am saying to put in effort coupled with learning and tweaking the technique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO
Yesterday I probably threw about 250 shots in my garage and they were all generally over 80% effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDeO
I think the difference between 300 feet and 500 feet is general effort.
Learning and tweaking the technique should not start at greater than 80% effort, and doing 250 repetitions in one session/day into a blanket doesn't ring as a very disciplined attempt to fix technique. Just two of your swings has prompted a bunch of discussion on what needs to be fixed. What do you think the other 248 did for you?

Niced: (1)
Old 11-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,619 Times in 834 Posts

Well, the technique forum was quiet and productive for about 12 hours. Hopefully this will all filter over to his form thread soon.

Niced: (2)

Old 11-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Dave Dunipace wants his thread back.