Old 11-25-2020, 07:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 498 Times in 248 Posts

One of my gorgeous fiancťe’s employees lost his mom to COVID on Sunday and his dad last night.

I’m one of those people who thinks the benefit of COVID is that we don’t have to gather with our families this week, but JFC I don’t know how a person could deal with that
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2020, 07:19 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 486 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
One of my gorgeous fiancťeís employees lost his mom to COVID on Sunday and his dad last night.

Iím one of those people who thinks the benefit of COVID is that we donít have to gather with our families this week, but JFC I donít know how a person could deal with that
it's happening right now and very quickly. please don't get together with family tomorrow, folks.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-25-2020, 08:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 89
Niced 1,036 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
Come onóthere is no need for this
He confirmed my assessment and said heís fine with it.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 526 Times in 275 Posts

I read an interesting statistic from the Norwegian health authority claiming that Covid-19 has a 0.3% mortality rate in Norway. They also published other stats, one was that statistically about 1400 die from influenza every year, so far this year 300 people have died from influenza with a total death count for respiratory illnesses so far are at 600 people in 2020. It's an interesting paradox that a pandemic have caused a reduced number of deaths in Norway in 2020. FWIW Norway have not been hit very hard by the pandemic at all

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2020, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 187
Niced 1,716 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
I read an interesting statistic from the Norwegian health authority claiming that Covid-19 has a 0.3% mortality rate in Norway. They also published other stats, one was that statistically about 1400 die from influenza every year, so far this year 300 people have died from influenza with a total death count for respiratory illnesses so far are at 600 people in 2020. It's an interesting paradox that a pandemic have caused a reduced number of deaths in Norway in 2020. FWIW Norway have not been hit very hard by the pandemic at all
That is interesting. Norway took strong early actions to control the pandemic: travel restrictions and quarantines; strict shut-downs; restrictions on gatherings; an aggressive testing and tracing program; etc.

The southern hemisphere barely had a flu season this year. Measures to control COVID-19 transmission (masks, distancing, etc.) also control flu transmission. This makes sense because both are thought to spread primarily by respiratory droplets.

Results in Norway have been among the best in the world. Comparisons:

Tests per million:
401,259 Norway
287,826 Sweden
555,801 U.S.

Cases per million:
6,200 Norway
22,768 Sweden
39,067 U.S.

Deaths per million:
58 Norway
647 Sweden
802 U.S.

Source: Worldometer

Old 11-25-2020, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 222 Times in 112 Posts

I was hospitalized with Covid for 8 days on the got out on November 1st. I have asthma and allergies. When it hit me was the middle of harvest and the temperature dropped significantly. I never had any of what I assonate with flu-like symptoms. I didn't run a temperature until 5-6 days in. Just head cold/allergies like symptoms with coughing fits and vomiting/loss of appetite. No muscles aches etc.

Well I was an inch away from ventilator land. I was on max air from two sources. Part of the problem was that I also developed dual-pneumonia. It wasnít much fun feeling like I ran a marathon, but all I did was go to the bathroom.

Itís been 3 weeks now and Iím just starting to get my O2 levels where the need to be. And my right leg was messed up from the 8 days in bed! But I can walk without my trekking poles now! Iíll be able to go back to restricted work in the next week or so I think.

There is no real point to this post other than this. I always mask up in public spaces. Iím reasonably vigilant in hand sanitizing. But I still managed to get it from somewhere, most likely my work space. So, donít think that it canít happen to you!

Old 11-25-2020, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 187
Niced 1,716 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
I was hospitalized with Covid for 8 days on the got out on November 1st. I have asthma and allergies. When it hit me was the middle of harvest and the temperature dropped significantly. I never had any of what I assonate with flu-like symptoms. I didn't run a temperature until 5-6 days in. Just head cold/allergies like symptoms with coughing fits and vomiting/loss of appetite. No muscles aches etc.

Well I was an inch away from ventilator land. I was on max air from two sources. Part of the problem was that I also developed dual-pneumonia. It wasnít much fun feeling like I ran a marathon, but all I did was go to the bathroom.

Itís been 3 weeks now and Iím just starting to get my O2 levels where the need to be. And my right leg was messed up from the 8 days in bed! But I can walk without my trekking poles now! Iíll be able to go back to restricted work in the next week or so I think.

There is no real point to this post other than this. I always mask up in public spaces. Iím reasonably vigilant in hand sanitizing. But I still managed to get it from somewhere, most likely my work space. So, donít think that it canít happen to you!
Thank you for sharing, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:53 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:

Prayers for a full recovery.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,101 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:

Crap, that is a world of suck. Sorry to hear you caught it and I hope you fully recover. A hospital stay of that length alone, is going to lay a licking on you. Be patient with your comeback.

The truly frightening part (like all of it is not terrifying), is the symptom free period. Allowing people who are carriers to believe they are healthy. Man, it reinforces the need for vigilance. If pennybags had been a denier (or just lazy ) and active in his community, he could have done some real damage, in turn all those folks could have gone out and done more damage.......wait, you guys have heard this story, right?

Old 11-25-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
wait, you guys have heard this story, right?
Only every day.