Old 11-25-2020, 03:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
In lieu of a range finder, I could probably better utilize UDisc. Right now, I throw a good drive and I measure it.

On holes that I play frequently and can't reach, I should be measuring from the tee to trouble spots and my landing zones. And then be doing the same thing from the basket. This tree is 280 out. OB walking path 296 out. If I land here, I'm 140 out. If I miss left and land here, I'm 220 out. And so forth.
I use Google Maps for this. I have mental notes of most sidewalks, trees, lamp posts, etc., for the local course I play.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 51.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 810 Times in 342 Posts

A range finder is just something else to lose on the course. And at a third the distance of ball golf, why use it for disc golf? Because Bushnell is greedy and wants to sell you expensive stuff you don’t need so they offer them up to the pros and let them drive the market. I just hope no one is using them for official hole measurement unless they back it up with a wheel.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 142
Niced 399 Times in 192 Posts

Used mine for the first time yesterday. It was mostly spot-on measuring hole length - but the course near me has a few that are almost 100 feet wrong however due to redesign by the city, so it was nice to finally get a true measure on some. The real use for me was to measure back to the tee from my drive. I could tell physically as the morning went on my bad back started to loosen up, and I thought it would add to my driving distance as the round went on but I was surprised to discover that it didn't really.
It's fun to have, and interesting to pass around for guys on the card to use too, but the real benefit will be out on the range.

Plus it was hilarious watching guys try to multiply by three after a couple of safety meetings

Niced: (1)