Old 11-11-2020, 02:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 532
Niced 126 Times in 46 Posts
Default What's your personal best/favorite shot of your career?

I thought it would be cool to have a place to brag about the best shot of your playing career. Whether your longest drive, or smallest gap, or a big putt, what's your personal favorite (of your own)?

Mine, hands down, is (nearly) parking a 331' peninsula hole at Sandy Point during a casual doubles round. The main reasons are:

- It was a really close doubles round and this was for the win/tie (can't remember exactly).
- I normally max out around 300' backhand, so typically I'd be in the water unless I throw it *perfectly*.
- The only way I'm getting it that far is a hyzerflip over the water, total throw of faith.
- The reaction of the rest of the card, who didn't see it coming! It was a complete gamble.

I still feel warm and fuzzy thinking about this shot, lol...

Attached Images
File Type: png Point.png (71.3 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 03:04 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 31.8
Courses Played: 712
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,871 Times in 1,194 Posts

2013 Pro Worlds in Crown Point, Sr GM division (now MP60), Semifinal. Had been two shots back of 6th but had just pulled within one going to last hole. Threw a roller on #1 Red course with a deep, wide sweeping turn that came back and parked it. That earned a 6th place tie which is my highest finish in any Worlds division over my career (so far )

Old 11-11-2020, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,760 Times in 829 Posts

I played a 2018 mvp circuit event. 1st round, circuit discs. There was a hole that was like 330', low ceiling, weird shape. Temp hole, never played it before. I couldn't see a great line. I threw a roller with a plasma axis that ended up 7' from the basket. It's was awesome. Took a few strokes from my card mates.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 248 Times in 127 Posts

April of 2006. Vintage Cup, Napa, CA. Temporary (the old archery) course. Hole 5. 380', slightly downhill. Threw an Epic thumber. Overshot the basket too high by about 60', over the trees in back, crossed 12's fairway, crossed 13's fairway, crossed the little dirt road, into the farmer's field. OB. Ended up with a triple-bogie...a bird would've gotten me a playoff.
TD Dave Malolepszy announced during the awards ceremony that he saw "a 600 foot throw" that day. I thought it was more like about 550 but it just shows the amazing (but very finicky) potential of the Epic.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:31 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 100
Niced 153 Times in 67 Posts

I can tell you what is arguably the most important shot of my career.

2018 Pro Masters Worlds, Kansas City, MO, at Water Works. It the last hole of the Final 9 in regulation, which is normal hole 10. I'm down one stroke and am teeing second. I knew if I got it up the hill I could potentially gain a stroke a tie it and force a playoff.

I threw a flippy Fission Tesla on hyzerflip and hit my landing zone, after Courtney's drive came up short. I parked my upshot, made my putt, and forced the playoff.

Two holes into the playoff, I won my Masters World Championship.

But it's that shot, the drive on the final hole of regulation, that is the most important moment. I had allowed my nerves to wreck my four-stroke lead and had a single opportunity left to salvage a shot at winning. The memory of it is still a bit phantasmal, as though I was dreaming it instead of experiencing it.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:16 PM

Courses Played: 8
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Putting shots- oops?

I have two... the first would be one of my puts, where I ended up catching the putter sideways on the basket and it stayed hooked there, and the second one was when I hit a tree (as I always seem to do) but it landed into the basket. Both were puts, but it seems like they'd be hard to replicate.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 487 Times in 301 Posts

a birdie, maybe 330', over water. beats an ace any day cuz it just feels cool.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,659 Times in 744 Posts

About a month ago I won our private course/club's biggest tournament of the year (and the only one we held this year).

I had previously won it and was in the lead last year looking for the 2x.

I fell apart in the second round and didn't make the Final 9.

This year I shot like 4 strokes better than the next guy during the first round.

Kept it together in the second and was in the lead by 2 strokes going into the Final 9.

I was up by 1 stroke going into the last hole and went OB about 40 short of the pin in the water.

The second place guy (a good friend) had an errant shot, but was parked for par after his easy upshot.

I stepped up and canned my putt for par on a death putt with a drop off behind (and on an Instep basket).

Old 11-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,214 Times in 472 Posts

Tournament ace.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,812 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Otter Creek is a Steady Ed course in Ky. Holes 9 thru 12 were called duece alley because you had to get all 4. They were short and easy touch shots.

PDGA tournament with a $5 ace fund, total was $135 to the first ace.

I was on #10s tee which was about 60ft from 9's basket and an elevated tee. I was about to throw my drive when "Smash!", a guy on the card behind me aced #9. I stop and we all congratulate him.

I start my short routine over and let go a perfect little hyzer and "Smash!" I aced my hole also. I jump off the tee, throw my hat to the ground saying, "I can't believe I missed $135 my 2 friggin' minutes"! (Everyone there was laughing, I was not really mad. )

Turns out the TD determined both aces were on our 5th hole of the round since it was a shotgun start so I got half the money.