Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Talking Innova Lion

Does anyone else here rely on an Innova Lion? I primarily use the Lion for anhyzer forehands and especially when I am trying to give it a run and throw in an approach shot. Its been very useful for technical approach shots in the woods where I need to the disc to finish left and don't wanna take my eyes off of the gap (such as in a backhand hyzer).

Also of note, I do use an Innova Gator when throwing into a headwind and when I need a flex shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2020, 12:05 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,261 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofdabayou View Post
Does anyone else here rely on an Innova Lion? I primarily use the Lion for anhyzer forehands and especially when I am trying to give it a run and throw in an approach shot. Its been very useful for technical approach shots in the woods where I need to the disc to finish left and don't wanna take my eyes off of the gap (such as in a backhand hyzer).

Also of note, I do use an Innova Gator when throwing into a headwind and when I need a flex shot.
I use the Predecessor the Shark 3 for a midrange, pissed this disc has bumped that off the Innova mold list thanks to how much Dave D is in love with the mold.

I think though I could use the Lion as long as the mold's wing shape is not uncomfortable like a ROC, a Bead is not an issue for discs.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:42 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,343 Times in 666 Posts

Here is the original Lion thread in case you haven't read it.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2020, 12:59 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just checked it out, but I don't see anyone really talking about the Lion there except for the disc specs? Correct me if I'm wrong? I'm more interested in flight path and personal preferences with it. Thank you for forwarding the thread as well!
Old 11-25-2020, 06:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Niced 1,421 Times in 626 Posts

I got a few with my latest Zen series Lion stamp... it’s a fun disc for sure. For me it flies like a Rancho Roc with less fade. I only have Champs but very interested to see if the glide increases in a different plastic.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,059 Times in 801 Posts
Default Lion

For me the Lion flies like a Roc3, but has more of a VRoc rim. Nice flier, but I'm not crazy about the rim.

I don't really know why Innova introduced the Lion. Its way too similar to all the Roc variants.

I won't call it a bad mold, but it seems redundant.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:15 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 487 Times in 301 Posts

I have a super light one I pair with a Shark3. still trying to figure it out, but making some shots with it for sure.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,261 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
For me the Lion flies like a Roc3, but has more of a VRoc rim. Nice flier, but I'm not crazy about the rim.

I don't really know why Innova introduced the Lion. Its way too similar to all the Roc variants.

Then Innova dropped a mold that was a less floating putter like glide Shark in the 3 top for it. Then Innova did go further before the Shark 3 was dropped and stopped the 3 top Shark in Star for some reason making it so people had to buy the Champion. I did get 2 backup discs for my Champion Shark 3 from the F2 in the weight I wanted but the discs were micro domed the way some DX Shark mold up due to production/constancy issues with the dome in the DX plastic.

I wonder if this new mold was cost effective? I mean the Shark 3 was just an older mold modified during production thus saving money for the disc design. Now people who want a Shark like disc or even a no bead midrange that is Shark like but not the dome of a Shark, for a better less putter style glide midrange they have one less choice for a mold.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Size Queen

Niced 235 Times in 155 Posts

How a DX Lion fly compared to a DX VRoc?

(yes I read every thread I'm curious if anyone else has something new to offer)

Old 11-30-2020, 06:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 645 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

If I were named Dave D, I know I would obsess over my failed experiments. "I just know if I got that rim right the VRoc would really catch fire! This time we've struck gold for sure, let's just call it something aggressive and drop the 'V'"