Old 10-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodsteezy View Post
Are they grippy? All the glow I've tried from Innova are super slick.
They are the same as the softer C-Line out nowdays. They bomb though. Only a few holes I can even break these out on around here.

More grippy than champ. Less grippy than the new embossed star Innova is running now.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Most recent new disc in my bag is the Barsby Roadrunner. I lost an old beloved sidewinder and decided not to wait until I beat a new one in. The barsby RR is great right out of the box.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 65 Times in 41 Posts

Westside Destiny - what a bomber !
Old 10-27-2018, 08:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 686 Times in 541 Posts

For this category I'm going to say champion Roc3. Outstanding disc. I found one in a lake that's kind of a beater. I took it to a course to throw it with the intention of leaving it there for someone else to find. Let's just say I ended up taking the Roc3 back home with me. Its a great mid. It takes power better than a Buzz and goes every bit as far for me. Totally resistant to flipping and has a perfect flat flight. Every throw I did with it was right on the money and felt perfect.

I feel like I've been missing out by not trying one of these prior.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 686 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Westside Destiny - what a bomber !
Great bomber until you get around 400'. Then it becomes a major flipper. You'll have to hyzer flip it.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 60 Times in 52 Posts

Basically any of my discs because I’m newer to the sport, but I’d specifically say teebird. My 11x is about perfect
Old 10-27-2018, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 145 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballadp View Post
Basically any of my discs because Im newer to the sport, but Id specifically say teebird. My 11x is about perfect
Your loss (as a newb) that you got hooked on that plastic. The Teebird's on the shelves nowadays are every bit as good, if not better, than that overpriced 15 y/o plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-28-2018, 12:31 AM
Par Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Just recently got back into teebirds. I thought nothing could replace my 11x birds when I lost them. Turns out they started making good teebirds again. The Jen Allen teebirds from last year are pretty much exactly the same.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-28-2018, 01:36 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Champion Shark 3 bought in January for midrange shots though I use Shark mold as approach disc/driving putter slot before that so does that count? Before this I was trying to force DX Stingray for a midrange disc and that was not working. I also like the Z Stalker I got a few months ago to replace the old worn out Elite Z XL I had. The Z Stalker is more in flight like an ESP XL I have still in my bag, just without the dumpy turn at end of flight. Z XL had more a flippy flight to it with the Dumpy turn at end of flight.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-28-2018, 01:54 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
You know, my game wasn't broke, but I am an advocate of continuous improvement. So, I wanted to see if I could improve with new tools.

Over the last 12-18 months, I tried a handful of new molds, different weights, and plastics.

The vulture was my favorite driver, but I thought it was a lot like an Orc. I've thrown Orcs for years, and have a good number of that mold in different stages of wear. So, while I loved the way the Vulture flies, it didn't make sense for me to go through the 'beat in' process all over again. Vultures out, Orcs back in.

I've been throwing TeeBirds for years, as such, most of the ones I have are 11x era and difficult to replace. So, I started looking for a 'beat in TeeBird flight' out of the box. I tried Escapes, Heat, & Undertakers. All good discs, but not what I was looking for. Escape, Heat, Undy's out, TeeBirds in.

I've putted with Wizards & Challengers for years. I like the consistency of the Challenger more, but the Gateway plastic is better. I tried Judges in the last year. They were ok, but not as good (for me) as the Challenger or Wizard. Then I discovered RB Challengers - GAME OVER.

Throwing far is cool, but you'll save more strokes around the green than off the tee. I also tried a handful of new mids, but I think I prefer to throw putters instead...
RB? you mean JB plastic? Yeah I did that with Magnets just over a year ago in August 2017 as I damaged a regular Pro D Magnet on a tree during a putt. I still have my old Stiff Pro D Magnet from year before the plastic changed. The JB is much better plastic though it does get a tad bit to much grip in temps over 89-90 F. That just might be the run of the JB plastic I got at the time though.