Old 10-31-2018, 03:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 297 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
I have to admit, the "I'm gonna buy plastic cause Paul threw it," mindset is a different one for me. Is the prediction that all of the long-term Innova/McBeth fanbois are gonna follow him to DiscPaul?
I’m driving down to Panama City this weekend to launch all of my Innova discs into the ocean, then probably just sit alone on the sand sobbing quietly for a while.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 03:46 PM

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 68
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnow View Post
Regardless of disc sponsor, I strongly believe McBeast will be carrying a Grip bag again. My evidence is the Nicholas Carl 'In the Bag' that Paul shared where Nicholas mentions having Paul's loaned 3x bag with plans to give it back to him.
this is actually a very interesting point. I thought Paul’s comment on that video was kind of strange at the time, but just brushed it off. makes much more sense now.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Discraft began posting to Youtube again this year with disc reviews, in the bags, and technique videos. They publish stories daily on Instagram and add new posts regularly. Same goes for tweets. Maybe you aren't seeing them because you don't follow or search for them, but new unbiased players will see the same exposure for them as any other company.

I've always rooted for Paul, being a Cali native. If he joins Discraft, I'll have more reasons to cheer him on, because I can definitely see the "Discrap" backlash if he doesn't play well. It's a gamble, but I'd place my bets on Paul crushing it with whichever company he goes with. That dude loves pressure.
Okay, go do a search for them and look at their hit totals. Compare that to what you see for events. Yep, Discraft gets some recognition for having their covered events on youtube, and I do remember the Nate ads, now that you've mentioned it. My bad, but clearly, the Discraft ads aren't impacting me the same as other ads are. I remember the DD ads, and Innova's ads, I even remember the rather staid Lat ads and the even more staid Prodigy ads.

Discraft products aren't crap. I don't think you have to look far. I think they've made some mistakes in how they present their material. Their flight charts stink, no really, they do, and the resistance to go to the Innova flight numbers, because it was Innova, was a mistake.

But let me concede the point. Let's assume that Discraft is doing a very good job with the presentation of their product in ads. I'll stick with my point, why aren't they on this change like white on a marshmallow?
Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 150 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
I’m driving down to Panama City this weekend to launch all of my Innova discs into the ocean, then probably just sit alone on the sand sobbing quietly for a while.
I'd be sadder about someone throwing more plastic in the ocean than I would Paul switching sponsors.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.5
Courses Played: 359
Niced 103 Times in 53 Posts

FYI, Barsby was using flicking Eagles last month when I saw him playing last month.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:51 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 221 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
But that is exactly what they are doing. They are hinging their sales and marketing on past performances by Paul. Those performances might translate into future wins, but I don't see how? Yes, Paul will win, but not like he did. That notion is simply impossible. The field is thick with challengers (pun intended).
Who was that guy who had -18 round and had an exclusive segment on sports center in 2018?

It think it was William Shakespeare maybe?

Niced: (2)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
Can I send you my Jokeris? Those and a six-pack will ease the pain. And please note, you win best post of the day for me.

As an aside, I'm not giving up my Innova products, nor my Discraft products. The Buzz series are the best midranges in full size, for me, I've ever used.

I do find the fanbois, no matter what the product, to be interesting.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 43
Niced 35 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Their flight charts stink, no really, they do, and the resistance to go to the Innova flight numbers, because it was Innova, was a mistake.
Agreed. But they've remedied this.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 115
Niced 292 Times in 89 Posts

I can't read anymore. Keeping up with this thread today is exhausting. I'm going to take all my destroyers, teebirds, roc3's, aviars, and go play now

Niced: (2)

Old 10-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf1087 View Post
From my experience traveling the country for work and moving from Indiana to Tennessee, popularity among brands is regionally based. In the Midwest you will find a lot of Discraft throwers and rarely any Prodigy. Move down to Tennessee and Prodigy has Schusterick, Dickerson, and Joey Lutz sponsored and the brand is hugely popular. I get ripped on for throwing Discraft in Tennessee and people in Indiana seem to have no idea what a D1 does vs. a D7.
If you think Prodigy is barely keeping their head above water, go down south and look at all those awful, faded green, wall of chains that Prodigy keeps installing all over the place. People actually say they like the baskets... woof.

they have since retooled the T-1, the T-2 is much more player friendly.