Old 12-05-2018, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 908 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
They are both paid to sell discs. How they choose to do that is up to them.
Interesting, I would bet there is some guidelines in place now for sponsored players where they have to do so many social media posts, videos, etc, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2018, 01:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 21 Times in 11 Posts

Lol at people being upset over the building the bag video. It was well produced, and it gave us insight on some things that pros look at when trying to build a bag with a new sponsor. Didnt mind the uphill throwing. Sorry that Discraft is actually marketing themselves well now.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 47
Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
They are both paid to sell discs. How they choose to do that is up to them. Uli is not giving clinics out of the goodness of his heart. It is not like McBeth trotted out every disc Discraft makes. He chose a handful that could legitimately fill holes in his bag and told us what he thought about them. He did not claim that video was anything than what it is. And every in the, building the, whatever the bag ever done has been to sell either discs or the person in the video as a personality. And remember, you don't have to watch.
Seems like I struck a nerve. God, I’ve missed posting here
Old 12-05-2018, 05:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 698 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
I think kinda sad is working in a cubicle in a windowless building 40+ hours a week. I'd take playing disc golf professionally over that any day even if it meant having to sell merch after the rounds.
9 months ago I switched from a office job (granted, I had only one wall and another side of a cubicle, so not fully boxed in) to working in a bouldering gym. You can imagine the hit that my paycheck took. But I have been 1000x better off in every other aspect. Its not disc golf, but the other big extracurricular thing in my life. Cannot imagine going back to a "real job" anymore.

As to the video, I am kinda surprised that they did not use follow flight on the shots. Could have even put multiples on the different plastics of a mold.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 72
Niced 108 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Now let's talk about some BBQ.

I have a better idea. Lets talk about our favorite BBQ abbreviations.

But in all seriousness, this place will be a ghost town after Ricky signs. It's amazing to me how little people seem to care about where he will sign. Paul's signing got so hyped, and people were pretty much telling us "yo, he's definitely going to Discraft" and a bunch of us were like "nah, he's going to Discmania" or whatever. People now are like "yo, Ricky is going to Innova" and a bunch of us are like "....".
Old 12-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 41
Niced 217 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B The V View Post

But in all seriousness, this place will be a ghost town after Ricky signs. It's amazing to me how little people seem to care about where he will sign. Paul's signing got so hyped, and people were pretty much telling us "yo, he's definitely going to Discraft" and a bunch of us were like "nah, he's going to Discmania" or whatever. People now are like "yo, Ricky is going to Innova" and a bunch of us are like "....".

I’m literally here for the BBQ and general disc golf conversation. Rick is going to Innova.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 21
Niced 85 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
whenever a Prodigy guy rattles off the discs they throw my brain just glazes over.
I wonder how long it took them to regret that naming convention for molds. THEN they name their plastic blends the same way. Do team members get a decoder ring or conversion chart so they know what they're throwing?

Niced: (3)
Old 12-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B The V View Post

But in all seriousness, this place will be a ghost town after Ricky signs. It's amazing to me how little people seem to care about where he will sign.

People now are like "yo, Ricky is going to Innova" and a bunch of us are like "....".
He missed his window to get on the hype train. We're burned out, even the BBQ talk has faded.

A moment of silence for the sauce.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:08 AM

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

I find it funny how people are pissed at Discraft, Jomez, and Paul for this building the bag segment. Go watch Kolings first in the bag for Innova. He had a bunch of random discs he was trying out. Now watch his most recent and you'll see it's all destroyers. Funny how no one is ripping down Koling for the exact same thing.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 100
Niced 74 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarwig View Post
I wonder how long it took them to regret that naming convention for molds. THEN they name their plastic blends the same way. Do team members get a decoder ring or conversion chart so they know what they're throwing?
Nah, as long as you know your alphabet and can deal with up to 3 digit numbers its pretty simple.