Old 07-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 252 Times in 150 Posts

I keep an auto-correct phrase in my phone so that all I have to do is type "ddd" and it comes up with, "I just found a disc with this phone number on it". Saves some time while I'm walking to the next tee.

I don't do Facebook, dgscene or anything else except this forum. If there is no number (or only a PDGA number), I leave it at the tee pad, or basket on the hole I found it. If it has a number, and they give me a local address, I'll deliver it on my way home. I haven't had to mail any yet, but that sounds like something I would do.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 170 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Anyone ever gotten a call and promise to return, and never have it show up?
I mean, I get that taking it to the post office and sending it to another state is a pain, but if you can’t do that just say so. Not like I was anxiously checking the mail for a month before I gave up on getting it back...
I have two discs currently riding with someone else. In both cases, they texted me, and live in the same city. But for whatever reason, we haven't been able to get together so I can get them back. Logistically and geographically inconvenient, I suppose.
I've offered to meet at any course, or any easy-to-reach public place, offering to buy lunch, whatever - but never get a reply. What I get, a week later, is, "Hey, I'll be at Course XYZ in an hour..."

Ain't that big of a deal, I guess. If you really love something, set it free...etc.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 360
Niced 732 Times in 257 Posts

A lot of folks are paranoid when getting a phone call from a strange number for many valid reasons. They often forget about something as insignificant as an inked disc when it happens.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:46 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

a very interesting thread
Old 07-24-2019, 03:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 39 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
A lot of folks are paranoid when getting a phone call from a strange number for many valid reasons. They often forget about something as insignificant as an inked disc when it happens.
Yeah, I certainly did. I've only lost 3 so far... two are in water, and one I just dropped... and it got returned as posted above. When I got the text, a missing disc was the last thing on my mind.

Losing the first one was awful - that was my new disc that went in the water!! But for the most part, they are all replaceable I guess. After wandering around in the mud for 30 minutes trying to chase that first one down, I'm a lot more accepting of this now. If I'm on a hole with a greater-than-normal chance of loss, I won't throw my favorites. Short of that, I'm just going to just deal with it when it happens again.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 51
Niced 287 Times in 179 Posts

Recently had an ace disc returned (ESP Zone). Lost it in the thicket a few weeks back safariing a local course. Was a sad day.

Anyway, happy ending, a friend found and returned it.