Old 07-24-2019, 10:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 99 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
I like BigSexy commentary, but Big Jerm has a habit of throwing too many "spoilers" out himself.
I've also seen some spoilers here on DGCR when some would talk about how so and so is playing, who has such and such a stroke lead, etc. I find that when a tournament is coming up that I want to see some of I just avoid some forum threads completely until I have watched the tournament.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 98 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
Haven't played the course, but would love to. Most pros rave about how much they like the course, which is good enough for me.
yeah, i mean, i think they like the course because the design is balanced and fair.

but to a seasoned DG viewer, it's not an engaging watch.

EO would be awesome on the Franz Ferdinand course.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:00 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1,880 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Quite frankly, I do. No need to go over the tech, because we all know it's possible for 2 people anywhere to record audio at the same time while watching a video. I'm saying...get 2 people on board who will be the "voices" of the media house. Can grow with the company, etc, etc. I could see different players, guest commentators, etc, for the casual rounds, fun events, etc, but for the big events, why not strive to have continuity in regards to commentary?
Having the 2 people at the same location is way better. There is a lot of unspoken communication between 2 good announcers. When they are in different locations you have a way tougher time not speaking over someone.

And tech wise... It would require a low res render, upload, record commentary on both sides, line up the two audio tracks with the footage and then render again and upload again.

Yes it can be done, it just adds a few additional hours to the process vs recording onsite the next morning. It makes "next day" way tougher.

Trust me, almost no one in our sport knows this tech as well as me.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 90 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Ian and Sexton would be great together.
Sexton started on CCDG with Ian, and that combo was great together.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 90 Times in 39 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblink86 View Post
yeah, i mean, i think they like the course because the design is balanced and fair.

but to a seasoned DG viewer, it's not an engaging watch.

By seasoned, do you mean jaded?

I’d rather watch this course than the vast majority of the DGPT and NT courses. Check back with me after watching them play 3 of 5 Worlds rounds at ****ing Eureka.

Nokia set the Gold standard (literally) for Pro level courses when it debuted. It has elevation, tight lines, wooded holes, low ceilings, and, yes, OB lines on some holes. It doesn’t have more gimme holes or gimmicks than 90% of the crap being designed here in the states...

Courses I can barely watch: Vegas, Memorial, Emporia CC, the golf course at DeLa that ruins the event, Utah open, Ledgestone...

end rant

Old 07-25-2019, 04:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 6
Niced 117 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblink86 View Post
Franz Ferdinand is beautiful but sadly not a gold level course in it's current state. Last year at Konopiste Open (major) par was rated 942, almost 50 points lower than this tournament. You basically need something like Tampere Disc Golf Center for a gold level course without much painted/artificial OB.

Last edited by RistoS; 07-25-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 689 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Most people might look at this as awesome but I see this as a negative for Eagle. It seems like he is saying that its the discs fault that he lost the tournament and he has to get all new ones if he wants to try to win. I think he still needs to work on his mental game a lot.
This one was different from the Konopiste ragequit. This was a happy giveaway. He kept some essentials also. And while the rest are not necessarily entrily stock either, he can pick and choose at the warehouse to get his liking. I think the new DM bag coming soon is also a part of this.

Last edited by Flick Maniac; 07-25-2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-25-2019, 05:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 689 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RistoS View Post
Franz Ferdinand is beautiful but sadly not a gold level course in it's current state. Last year at Konopiste Open (major) par was rated 942, almost 50 points lower than this tournament. You basically need something like Tampere Disc Golf Center for a gold level course without much painted/artificial OB.
Agreed. Franz F is way too easy for the big armed pros. Needs lots of OB to make it interesting.

I think the Beast has good balance and difficulty. The Tampere Disc Golf Center is much more difficult without being overly punitive or gimmicky.

Idlewild coming up, IMO has lots of random punitiveness that the thrower has little chance to affect. *Which doesnt mean I dont enjoy viewing it, much moreso than the list of Boring Hyzer Open courses somebody just listed above.

Last edited by Flick Maniac; 07-25-2019 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,369 Times in 794 Posts

Forgot the most important question how did that kid get Paul’s disc down from that tree R3 hole 12 ?

Looked to be stuck very high up

Old 07-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 726 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
This one was different from the Konopiste ragequit. This was a happy giveaway. He kept some essentials also. And while the rest are not necessarily entrily stock either, he can pick and choose at the warehouse to get his liking. I think the new DM bag coming soon is also a part of this.
New DM Bag?