Old 08-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 165 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Other companIES/players don't have the pedigree that Paul does, so I doubt they would be as successful.
Pedigree? What does his ancestry have to do with it?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,014 Times in 561 Posts

Second, the Legacy mention. Steve Rico did just that. And though they were recreations of discs he already bagged, I like a few of them more than the original, namely the Clutch, Patriot, and the Mongoose (my first Ace).

Niced: (1)
Old 08-15-2019, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 586 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Second, the Legacy mention. Steve Rico did just that. And though they were recreations of discs he already bagged, I like a few of them more than the original, namely the Clutch, Patriot, and the Mongoose (my first Ace).
The Patriot to me is a better leopard. I love that disc.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,176 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
The Patriot to me is a better leopard. I love that disc.
I like the Patriot and the Phenom, though my discs fly like the other one is supposed to (the Patriot flies more like the Phenom is supposed to, and vice versa). I like the Leopard3 best of all in that arena.

In general to this thread: As to golfers having their lines of discs, for the vast majority will do better having their name on an existing company's discs, and getting a cut of the sales...
Old 08-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Also didn't Eric McCabe work with Latitude 64 to make his own line of discs for himself while he was winding down his major full time touring days? Most of the early Dynamic Disc disc were copies of discs he had bagged when with Discraft like the Truth and Judge.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-15-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 68
Niced 131 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Also didn't Eric McCabe work with Latitude 64 to make his own line of discs for himself while he was winding down his major full time touring days? Most of the early Dynamic Disc disc were copies of discs he had bagged when with Discraft like the Truth and Judge.
A couple signature series discs does not make up a line of discs.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
A couple signature series discs does not make up a line of discs.
Eric McCabe is one of THE founders of Dynamic Discs. Remember Eric McCabe had the Dynamic Disc company as a disc golf apparel and accessory company when he was Sponsored with Discraft as his own company even before he was not sponsored by Discraft, though the Eric McCabe Signature disc the Buzz got the Dynamic Disc logo when he was Discraft sponsored. Some people who are newer do not know this info, not saying you did not know this.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:15 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 64 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Eric McCabe is one of THE founders of Dynamic Discs. Remember Eric McCabe had the Dynamic Disc company as a disc golf apparel and accessory company when he was Sponsored with Discraft as his own company even before he was not sponsored by Discraft, though the Eric McCabe Signature disc the Buzz got the Dynamic Disc logo when he was Discraft sponsored. Some people who are newer do not know this info, not saying you did not know this.
Dude. I get you are trying to help but you usually have your Information wrong. Jeremy Rusco founded DD, not EMac. They are just very good friends. Eric was SPONSORED by DD and Discraft for years. This includes in 2010 when he won worlds and got the Buzzz SS as his signature disc. In 2012, when DD began making discs, he left discraft to be SPONSORED by solely DD. He may have a stake in DD now but I don't believe he does. He requested that L64 create a disc for him that became the Truth and subsequently the EMac Truth. He has never designed a disc or had his own disc line.

Seriously man, if you don't know what you're talking about don't say it. It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_High View Post
Dude. I get you are trying to help but you usually have your Information wrong. Jeremy Rusco founded DD, not EMac. They are just very good friends. Eric was SPONSORED by DD and Discraft for years. This includes in 2010 when he won worlds and got the Buzzz SS as his signature disc. In 2012, when DD began making discs, he left discraft to be SPONSORED by solely DD. He may have a stake in DD now but I don't believe he does. He requested that L64 create a disc for him that became the Truth and subsequently the EMac Truth. He has never designed a disc or had his own disc line.

Seriously man, if you don't know what you're talking about don't say it. It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Thanks for the info, I had thought that Eric McCabe was a founder of Dynamic Disc with his friend Jeremy Rusco. I did not know this, was given bad info from Eric himself or one of the others on that particular episode on Disc Golf Answer Man when I asked the group.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,111 Times in 1,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_High View Post
We are WAAAAAAYYYY past the removing doubt part.