Old 10-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,177 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
I think if he was truly injured and didn't feel he could compete, he should have dropped out. Kind of a weak move to finish and not cash, and then post about his injury happening on the first hole. He's the best player ever, it seemed odd that he would shoot so poorly and finish out of the money just based purely on poor play. Drop out, heal up, move on.
Yes, he didn't seem hurt during the first nine holes of the first round. But it is what it is, it's done, and I'm not waste time dissecting every throw nor parsing every word he said. Hopefully he and Wysocki will get real medical treatment and get fully healed and well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 75
Niced 33 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
I don't understand your comment? Weak move how? What about Eagle and his hand? He should have dropped out too right?
It's weak to play it out knowing you are hurt, finish terribly, and then make a post about how you injured yourself on the first hole. If you can't compete, drop out. If you can, then stick it out and don't blame the injury.

And as far as Eagle is concerned, thats a whole other level of stupidity. Injure yourself throwing a childish tantrum. Look at how Chris Clemons handled his snowman on the second to last hole of the tournament. If Eagle can't be a professional, maybe he shouldn't play any tournaments.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-08-2019, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,105 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
It's weak to play it out knowing you are hurt, finish terribly, and then make a post about how you injured yourself on the first hole. If you can't compete, drop out. If you can, then stick it out and don't blame the injury.
Why do you think playing through an injury is weak? And who are you to judge anyway? He was able to compete, and was in the hunt to make cash until about 9 holes left.

Someone like Paul was probably thinking "it's not going to keep me from playing, even though I'm not 100% I think I can still cash" People compete through injuries all the time. Injuries that no one else knows about. I know I've done it a lot in the past, in a lot of different sports. It's not smart, and sometimes when you're done you look back and say "I shouldn't have done that, my XYZ is more injured than I wanted to admit"

You don't get to elite levels at anything without being compulsively dedicated, even to your own detriment sometimes.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 384 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
A "Congrats to 2019 USDGC Champ James Conrad!" would have been nice.
Disc golfers when Paul doesn’t mention the winner: “OMG rude!”

Disc golfers if he had: “OMG spoilers!”

Old 10-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 384 Times in 136 Posts

I think the only reason continuing to play was questionable is the potential of making the injury worse. To me, if I was in that place where I was thinking I’m going to call it for the season, I want to try to play a last couple rounds of golf, especially when it doesn’t count towards the rating.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 494 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
It's weak to play it out knowing you are hurt,.
???
Based on what perspective is this? MAYBE... in a team sport where the coach has to make a call and pull you out because that person is just not helping the team to the level another, normally lesser player could but usually even then the competitor, especially one who is the current best in the whole sport wants to get out there and ... compete.

There are just as many stories of "they shouldn't have done that" as there are "heroic" stories of Micheal Jordan in the NBA finals with a huge fever and flu and Schilling's bloody sock... and on and on. Hindsight is all we have and there is a huge range of possibilities from nagging hurt to serious injury and I'm sure in his mind something he felt he could play through isn't doing permanent damage... so... I seriously don't get the judgment at all about why he SHOULD have dropped out.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-08-2019, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,708 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
True and so would an addition of a million dollars into my bank account but neither happened so in effect it really doesn't matter to me.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,708 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
I think if he was truly injured and didn't feel he could compete, he should have dropped out. Kind of a weak move to finish and not cash, and then post about his injury happening on the first hole. He's the best player ever, it seemed odd that he would shoot so poorly and finish out of the money just based purely on poor play. Drop out, heal up, move on.
I'm so glad we had you here to give this excellent career advice to Paul and to educate him and all of us what is and is not a weak move.

How many world championships do you have again?

Old 10-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 98 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:

t'is why i loved every minute of that meltdown. paul's a great heel.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,111 Times in 1,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
So the top 3 players is all hurt. . .Discgolf is hard on the body and courses gets longer and harder. . CAN you even have a long career at the top in this sport?
Eagle only injured himself because he was a dumbass...not wear and tear.

Niced: (3)