Old 03-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

^^ Absolutely NO way! The Buzzz is the one disc in my bag that MVP hasn't been able to touch. The Envy steals a few shots here and there, but the Axis is best described as a touchier Buzzz. Get that nose angle a little off and the Buzzz fights through. The Axis gets squirrely much quicker.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,230 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
^^ Absolutely NO way! The Buzzz is the one disc in my bag that MVP hasn't been able to touch. The Envy steals a few shots here and there, but the Axis is best described as a touchier Buzzz. Get that nose angle a little off and the Buzzz fights through. The Axis gets squirrely much quicker.
IME you're right re: Z Buzzz. ESP Buzzz and Axis are similar enough to be in the ballpark.

I'm actually bagging a P Vector, Lucid Truth, P Axis and GL Claymore right now, stability in that order from OS to US and I generally find the Truth to be the odd man out. It might be the most fun in terms of easy straightness and distance but it lacks the HSS and LSS of the Vector and it doesn't drift right as easily as the Axis (or Claymore) and that's the two lines I need the most out of mids in my neck of the woods (straight-fade, straight-slight right).

That being said I did almost ace a hole my last round with the Truth so...
Old 03-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I bag a E Vector, Glow Truth, and an ESP Comet. Covers the ranges very well. I have been messing around with a Star Roc for the Truth spot but it's a toss up for the lines they cover.

I'll completely agree on the Axis. I actually found a really domey pink first run one way back when that is more stable that a normal Axis but it's still not quite as easy to throw as the Roc or Truth. That straight mid and the US mid are the two spots I've not found a better MVP disc.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I bag a E Vector, Glow Truth, and an ESP Comet. Covers the ranges very well. I have been messing around with a Star Roc for the Truth spot but it's a toss up for the lines they cover.

I'll completely agree on the Axis. I actually found a really domey pink first run one way back when that is more stable that a normal Axis but it's still not quite as easy to throw as the Roc or Truth. That straight mid and the US mid are the two spots I've not found a better MVP disc.
Have you tried the Axiom side of things? The Theory is a really great US mid. Not saying it will replace your Comet, but worth a look.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

The Theory and Comet can coexist for sure, although I pulled the Comet completely after bagging the Theory. I have lost distance and glide with the Theory, but my results are more consistent and repeatable overall. I also like that the Theory doesn't have the large bead the Comet does. If you've got excellent form and play mainly on calm days the Comet is a better disc. Otherwise, in my opinion, the Theory is easier to live with.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
The Theory and Comet can coexist for sure, although I pulled the Comet completely after bagging the Theory. I have lost distance and glide with the Theory, but my results are more consistent and repeatable overall. I also like that the Theory doesn't have the large bead the Comet does. If you've got excellent form and play mainly on calm days the Comet is a better disc. Otherwise, in my opinion, the Theory is easier to live with.
I've heard everyone say that the Theory doesn't have as much distance potential as other discs in it's category. I've found the exact opposite! The Theory can be really long for me...I drove over a 300' anhyzer hole with the Theory a while back on a dead straight line (put too much hyzer on it... oops). I feel like over all the Comet could be longer on a calm day like you said because of it's absurd glide, but the Theory has more distance potential overall.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

The Theory definitely has distance potential. I don't agree with people who compare it to a putter. There are other mids with more distance potential though. I don't know if the Comet is one of them, but the Truth certainly is. The Warship even more so. My problem with those molds is they encroach on my Craves, but are generally terrible in the wind.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
The Theory definitely has distance potential. I don't agree with people who compare it to a putter. There are other mids with more distance potential though. I don't know if the Comet is one of them, but the Truth certainly is. The Warship even more so. My problem with those molds is they encroach on my Craves, but are generally terrible in the wind.
I always called the Truth a tweener fairway/mid. That thing just goes!! But for my money, I would rather have a clear slots: Putter - Mid - Fairway - Distance. I like the "shorter mids" because they hit the distance I need to. That being said, the Theory is perfect because it's longer than a putter and shorter than a fairway just like they're supposed to be!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
The Theory definitely has distance potential. I don't agree with people who compare it to a putter.
It's a putter to me. Not that I ever putt with it. Just in terms of speed and how I use it.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 47
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
The Buzzz is the one disc in my bag that MVP hasn't been able to touch.
Truest statement ever.
Closed Thread