Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
youre gonna have to bail on the 'trilogy' if you want that.
lol, you may have to bail on Westside, but Trilogy's got you covered. If you've got a headwind throw a Felon, xXx or a Trident. If you've got a breeze, throw a Verdict.

My Bards arrived today. The closest thing I have in appearance is a Hornet, but the Bard doesnt really look like anything else I have near that speed. its got a taller rim than anything else I have and a rounded shoulder and flat top like a roc3 or buzzz.

I get to throw it tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2015, 03:47 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 25 Times in 14 Posts

I bag all the stable trilogy stuff but dude was right , i am tired of false flight ratings from the europeans. So sick of buying new hyped up stable disc that are flippy. What is the most stable speed 5 ?. cause i need one.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.6
Courses Played: 58
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese dog View Post
I bag all the stable trilogy stuff but dude was right , i am tired of false flight ratings from the europeans. So sick of buying new hyped up stable disc that are flippy. What is the most stable speed 5 ?. cause i need one.
Max weight Bio Verdict or really a max weight Opto Trident if you call it speed 5.

XXX, Enforcer, Stiletto. Plenty of beef is you need it.

Last edited by BirdieMachine; 03-05-2015 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Obama is a moron!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
champ gator from the innova proshop
Old 03-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
The Bard flight numbers are exactly the same as the Roc3. I see a very similar flight to the Roc or Roc3 so I wouldn't really say these are false numbers. They also said that the Bard was the most overstable disc in the Westside lineup. Again, this is also true. It appears that the Bard is Westside's answer to the Roc and an OS compliment to the Warship.

The most stable speed 5 Trilogy disc probably is the Trident even though it's not really quite the same as other true mids.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater View Post

My Bards arrived today. The closest thing I have in appearance is a Hornet, but the Bard doesnt really look like anything else I have near that speed. its got a taller rim than anything else I have and a rounded shoulder and flat top like a roc3 or buzzz.

I get to throw it tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing your take on it World.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

I got to test my Bard out last night in a decent headwind (10-15 mph) and it held up nicely for me. It does show a little right turn but I never felt like it was going to flip over and not come back even when I forced it on an anny line it still fought back in the headwind late in its flight. I've got a beat in Dx Gator that does the same thing in a headwind with the Bard being about 30 feet longer than the gator. I just love the feel of the deep dish rim coupled with the flat top. It feels nice and full in my hand which for me inspires confidence.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
The Bard flight numbers are exactly the same as the Roc3. I see a very similar flight to the Roc or Roc3 so I wouldn't really say these are false numbers. They also said that the Bard was the most overstable disc in the Westside lineup. Again, this is also true. It appears that the Bard is Westside's answer to the Roc and an OS compliment to the Warship.

The most stable speed 5 Trilogy disc probably is the Trident even though it's not really quite the same as other true mids.
Not true. What they said was that it was the most overstable mid in the TRILOGY lineup. And even if they said it was the most overstable disc in the Westside lineup (which, again, they didn't) that wouldn't be true either because they have the Harp, Giant, World, etc...

The flight numbers themselves on the Bard aren't wrong. The hype around it was, especially since the Swan Reborn and the Seer do fly, from what I've read and seen, as advertised.

None of that makes the Bard a bad disc. As I said in my review video, if you had a couple of these in BT you could actually have a pretty decent mid-range line-up of just Bards, similar to the Roc lineup (which I currently use.) If people don't have their mid-range selection locked down, I think they should really give the Bard a try. But, if you're content with your mid-ranges this isn't anything ground-breaking.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
None of that makes the Bard a bad disc. As I said in my review video, if you had a couple of these in BT you could actually have a pretty decent mid-range line-up of just Bards, similar to the Roc lineup (which I currently use.) If people don't have their mid-range selection locked down, I think they should really give the Bard a try. But, if you're content with your mid-ranges this isn't anything ground-breaking.
I'd have to agree about that. I don't have my mid lineup locked down and I think this is hopefully gonna work for me. I have gotten to throw mine yet, but I really like the feel in the hand. The mace was just too big of a bead for me and the roc isn't super comfortable either. I think the Bard does offer a pretty unique feel, with the small bead. I'm gonna try pairing it with the tangent, which has a similar small bead.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

I thought I had read somewhere that they said the most overstable mid in the Westside lineup. I stand corrected they did indeed say in the entire trilogy lineup. I was wrong. I'll stop taking now.