Old 06-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Officially Retired

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 241
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 59 Times in 33 Posts

Thanks for the video. Not to hijack, sorry 3putt but I always though a thumb roller was thumber thrown at the ground not a forehand roller with a thumber grip?! Is there a different name for that?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2015, 01:35 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,408 Times in 881 Posts

Got me. I've never tried to throw a thumber into the ground; no idea what that shot would do.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:44 AM
Officially Retired

lol did I just invent something?!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:26 AM
*Super Moderator*

I don't throw thumbers, but don't they barrel-roll in the air? I'm sure you could roll with it; It just seems like it would be inconsistent. It doesn't seem like a good shot for a roller candidate to me, but I've been wrong before. Hell, I'm been wrong three or four times already this morning.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Officially Retired

That's what I thought a thumber roller was until you posted the video. I tried it a few times and couldn't do anything with it and moved on.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:21 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

Thumb rollers thrown like you would a OH thumber are too hard to get to land right. You would almost have to throw with an angle that would put your arm through your head. The few times I was dumb and or desperate enough to try them they usually landed at such a steep angle they landed on the flight plate.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:53 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
3Putt

Try the Innova Colt, I think you will like it.
I totally get the trend now with the shallower putters. When I started I used an XD to putt because it was the only shallow putter I could find (the old Roc was OOP and the "Classic" Roc had not been introduced yet.) The blow-bys got to me and I bit the bullet and got used to the deeper putters. If I was just starting out, a disc like the Colt would be really tempting. I've been throwing Aviars and Wizards for so long that I don't really see the need to switch up the putter routine right now.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:53 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMeistor View Post
Thumb rollers thrown like you would a OH thumber are too hard to get to land right. You would almost have to throw with an angle that would put your arm through your head. The few times I was dumb and or desperate enough to try them they usually landed at such a steep angle they landed on the flight plate.
That is pretty much what I assume it would do, but I've never actually tried it.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,114 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I totally get the trend now with the shallower putters. When I started I used an XD to putt because it was the only shallow putter I could find (the old Roc was OOP and the "Classic" Roc had not been introduced yet.) The blow-bys got to me and I bit the bullet and got used to the deeper putters. If I was just starting out, a disc like the Colt would be really tempting. I've been throwing Aviars and Wizards for so long that I don't really see the need to switch up the putter routine right now.
O definitely, I was talking about throwing them more since it seems XD's went in and out of your bag over the years as throwers I assume? Just FYI if you wanted a more modern take on the old school shallow putters for throwing.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:34 AM
*Super Moderator*

Weird bag setup right now. I've developed a strange love of driving light DX Firebirds so I have one of those in the bag. The Vibram drivers for some reason are what the really fast discs are supposed to be: easy distance. They go farther than any drivers I've tried. The unLace is super-duper long but really unpredictable. The Lace is not quite as long but not as flippy so they pair up pretty well. The Cyclone is still the go-to for shorter control drives. The Champ Firebird and Champ Banshee are too similar; one has to go. Just trying to figure out which one. The Pro Destroyer has a good bit of dependable fade and I don't really care about it so it boldly goes on hyzer lines where losing the disc is a strong possibility. All this goofing off is taking throws away from the Valk, which has been the go-to driver for awhile. I'm not ready to take them out right this moment.

Winter golf is always Comet time for me. I'll work a little more on trying to clean up my form since there isn't much in the way of competition going on. One of the Z Comets is giving me fits with the turn 'n burns so I have a lot of work to do.

When the Sole came out I wanted to try them, but I was too cheap to buy them. I got a couple on the cheap (thanks, BroD!) and put them in the bag a few months ago. I don't hate them, so they are still there. I don't love them, so I'm not sure if they will stay. It's a good putter, so maybe. I'm keeping a Ridge in there for windy days. It's not so much that it's overstable as it is that it has no lift so a headwind doesn't blow it up as much as the Sole. When it warms up the Scale is going back in that slot.

Right now I own eight Vibram discs and all of them are in my bag or my daughter's bag. I know it's just me but I'm cheap! If I'm going to spend that kind of $$$ on a Frisbee it's going to get thrown!

Distance Drivers
(1) Firm Lace 174g
(2) Firm unLace 166g
(1) Pro Destroyer 175g
(1) DX Firebird 168g
(1) Champ Firebird 171g
(1) Star Valkyrie 175g
(1) DX Valkyrie ?g
Stable Control Drivers
(2) ESP Cyclones 168g/172g
Overstable Driver
(1) Champ Banshee 168g