Thanks for trying!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2021, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 64
Niced 299 Times in 168 Posts

Tim,
I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment, and probably will be until long after this is done; otherwise I'd love to help. If you're still looking, I can mention it to my colleagues though. Are you interested in using any specific frameworks?

Niced: (1)
Old 04-29-2021, 11:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 568 Times in 294 Posts

If you're willing to let an amateur help out, I'm willing to see if I'm getting in over my head.
I've written a few simple personal, not published, web pages. I know the absolute basics of web design and am always willing to teach myself more

Old 04-30-2021, 09:36 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 355
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,063 Times in 352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P. View Post
Tim,
I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment, and probably will be until long after this is done; otherwise I'd love to help. If you're still looking, I can mention it to my colleagues though. Are you interested in using any specific frameworks?
Not really, I'd ideally love to redesign the site to something more modern looking and am open to ideas, suggestions, etc. Right now it's all just a homebrew thing I made and have added onto over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
If you're willing to let an amateur help out, I'm willing to see if I'm getting in over my head.
I've written a few simple personal, not published, web pages. I know the absolute basics of web design and am always willing to teach myself more
I appreciate the offer as I'm an amateur myself, haha. I think what I'm hoping to get done might be over both of our heads though.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:06 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 477 Times in 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Not really, I'd ideally love to redesign the site to something more modern looking and am open to ideas, suggestions, etc. Right now it's all just a homebrew thing I made and have added onto over the years.
My humble suggestion is to leave it the way it is. I can't imagine a way to make it operate better than it does. If you are just wanting a more modern look maybe try some updated skins vs. a complete change.

Perfect example is Marshall Street and Disc Golf Center. I find their new "modern" formats incredibly hard to use, and I buy from them less frequently as a result. But maybe I am a luddite.

Old 05-05-2021, 03:42 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 355
Niced 1,063 Times in 352 Posts

I'm not looking to change the way the site works, just update the look or change the skin as you say. Problem is, it's a pretty big job now that you have to account for phone, tablets, PCs, etc.

Niced: (2)

Old 05-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,217 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Not really, I'd ideally love to redesign the site to something more modern looking and am open to ideas, suggestions, etc...
I know when you see something every day for years, it can become stale and feel outdated, but as a new member here I really like the look and feel of this forum.

I think dark themes are a bit overdone these days, and flat UI turns my stomach.