Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastnav View Post
That is a pretty sturdy limb.

Hard to read, but it is a Buzzz
Plastic is 1 of 3, Elite X, Big Z or ESP.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-12-2020, 01:22 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that is a Buzzz. My buddy did the Birdie Club one year and that is what he got. I'd guess it is either Pro-D or ESP plastic, since I don't believe you can do foil stamp on X plastic.
You can on X, I have an old Elite X Wasp that has a foil tournament stamp. Elite X is just a stiffer X. Nope not Pro D as Pro D will have 0 shine to the disc in the modern Pro D made starting in 2006 sometime no matter how old the disc.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:18 AM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Plastic is 1 of 3, Elite X, Big Z or ESP.
Is Big Z the same thing as Z-Flx? Or is that different?

I got a Challenger in Z-Flx and ... I'm not sure what the point is. Feels like you are trying to throw something with a parachute attached or something. Not that it is actually remarkably shorter or anything, just something feels off about it.

I have purchased probably way too much plastic at this point, just trying to get some sort of feel for what is out there. It's so alluring ... only $10 for this one, only $20 for that one. I'm not sure I want to actually add it up.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 4
Niced 280 Times in 141 Posts

When i joined it was a MVP Tesla... It was not done very well... It was one of the most over stable discs i have ever thrown... I didnt have it very long... it ended up in a lake along with many many many discs.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 74 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Is Big Z the same thing as Z-Flx? Or is that different?
No, Big Z is a mix between Z and ESP. Z is the Champion equivalent. ESP is sort of the Star equivalent. Z-FLX is like GStar.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:03 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knivvves View Post
No, Big Z is a mix between Z and ESP. Z is the Champion equivalent. ESP is sort of the Star equivalent. Z-FLX is like GStar.
I'm guessing this Buzzz is ESP. It seems most similar in feel to the stuff I have in Star plastic.

That Z-Flx Challenger isn't really like any of the GStar stuff I have. It's semi-translucent for one, and not really all that flexible. Sorta has a "dead" feel to it. Anyway, everything seems to be "it's own thing", which is kinda cool. I'm sure someday all the mysteries of the disc golf universe will be revealed to me, and I will ascend to that great big basket in the sky.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:31 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Quote:
I'm guessing this Buzzz is ESP. It seems most similar in feel to the stuff I have in Star plastic.

That Z-Flx Challenger isn't really like any of the GStar stuff I have. It's semi-translucent for one, and not really all that flexible. Sorta has a "dead" feel to it. Anyway, everything seems to be "it's own thing", which is kinda cool. I'm sure someday all the mysteries of the disc golf universe will be revealed to me, and I will ascend to that great big basket in the sky.
Z FLX it varies, some is almost like a slight flex run of Z, other is so floppy it is like DGA Gumputt/powerdrive or Blowfly/II discs, all 4 molds.