Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 05-15-2020, 07:57 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

With a 2 pair group there was 4 of us in the 2000's we played Doubles bad shot, where you take the worst shot for the two and play from that. It was interesting. The lucky part was we had that idea so we could play all the odd parts of the course and get a feel for how the course was in some places for the players who almost never went stray from the main line or open area. That was fun, we only had one hole where it is very hard to be in a really bad spot but other then that long open hole, it was fun yet we still get to play the course.

Another I did with my Brother is play long/harder second set of tee pad one round and shorter/easier original/first the next. making a 18 hole course into sort of 36 hole course. Might have done this with my dad as well but just him him in the 2000's when the second tee markers got installed for the whole course.

Another is play as close as we can to the original 9 holes with my dad and some of us who played the course when it was only a hole off the original tees, that was tough trying to show off the original layout minus hole 3-4 changed to others with us who had not played the original layout. We did play new 5 as well for 10 holes as flow messed up, would have had to skip play on hole 5 and walk right past it to get to old 5, so we played that tunnel hole anyhow even thought it was not an original hole from the 2001-2006 course with modified 3 in late 2003 or in early 2004 as over the road is not safe. We did this as well if time or sun was limited, parts of the course get very dark at night when a new moon is out no one thought to have headlamps of any kind or were expensive in the 2000's a pack of two clip on hat lamps were $30 at the time.

This was at the out of town Oahe Downstream course, Powerhouse Ally. The in town course in Steamboat park is in such a way you basically have to play the course as it sits as it only has one set of tee pads, only really able to skip holes is all.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-15-2020 at 08:02 PM.