Old 05-14-2020, 01:58 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best bag for 100

Hi I'm looking to get a new bag at the price point of 100 dollars. The bag I have now is a lattitude 64 core bag and it doesn't carry as many discs as I'd like and it is worn out. I have been looking at the innova superhero bag as well as the prodigy bp 1 v3 there newest bag. Both look great but I cant decide which I should get. I like to carry 4 putters up top and then 20-24 discs in the main compartment comfortably. My current bag carries 17 In the main compartment so this is a big step up.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 03:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 45 Times in 32 Posts

My suggestion (and this is what I did when I decide to upgrade from the bag I started with), make a list of everything you NEED your bag to hold and a list of anything else you would LIKE your bag to hold. A bag has to meet the NEED list, but not having the LIKE list wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Then use those lists to make your decision on which bag to get: it would have to have/hold all the NEED items and the more LIKE items it has/holds can determine the 'winner'.

For example: one of my NEED items was two water bottle holders - that alone eliminated a lot of bags.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:17 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bag

My needs are that it holds 4 putters. At least 22 discs. Has a easy to access spot for rags since it's always raining where I'm from. I dont care much for anything else.

I'm leaning towards the prodigy bp 1 v3 because it holds alot and apears quality as well as lots of room for putters and rags. Also it looks very clean and doesn't look like to fold inward like other bags. Opinion?
Old 05-15-2020, 03:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 45 Times in 32 Posts

Okay, so I took a look at the bag and watched the video on Prodigy's website. Great looking bag....it would have made my top 4 list when I was looking for a new bag.

I like the two bottle holders even though they are only 32 oz; my Ridge Roller carries two 40 oz bottles. No big deal most of the time.

I really like the umbrella holder....my bag doesn't have anything like that, I have to slide it through a loop and into a pocket. Same with retriever poles...I carry a InZone KwikStik and it goes through my side strap on the top and into a pocket. Not the best.

The side pockets look huge, mine are smaller (Ridge Roller V3 has 'fixed' this).

I think it would meet your requirements....but that is your decision. But my opinion....this would have made my top 4 (RidgeRoller, SuperHero, This one, and I forget now what my other choices were). But for ~$100 - I don't think this can be beat.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:56 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
My suggestion (and this is what I did when I decide to upgrade from the bag I started with), make a list of everything you NEED your bag to hold and a list of anything else you would LIKE your bag to hold. A bag has to meet the NEED list, but not having the LIKE list wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Then use those lists to make your decision on which bag to get: it would have to have/hold all the NEED items and the more LIKE items it has/holds can determine the 'winner'.

For example: one of my NEED items was two water bottle holders - that alone eliminated a lot of bags.
Yep I agree. What was a deal breaker was I was using a modified Vertex Angler Backpack and I new I would eventually need a new backpack for the seat I wanted to keep using, so I could not have the bag use the very top zipper putter pouch, had to use the inner putter pouches. This meant that I needed a bag like one of the models that Upper parks made, but they were first to sell out in 2018 when I got the back up Pack. I got a Athetico Powershot Bakpakc I finally put seat on the bag in 2019 making it my new bag.

Niced: (1)