Old 07-30-2021, 01:55 PM
Par Member

Niced 77 Times in 56 Posts

Would think that a shorter x-step would help, but Eagle for example has a pretty big x-step and he's not behind the back leg at all. How does he do that?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2021, 12:54 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
my early reachback
don't hate on me, but could you be really precise on what you mean by this? Could you define 'reachback' in your context and why you think it is early?

I ask because you have this whole swing thing that is really dope af and complex. I see some things and you see some things and etc., but I want to focus on your gut feel first.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:53 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
don't hate on me, but could you be really precise on what you mean by this? Could you define 'reachback' in your context and why you think it is early?

I ask because you have this whole swing thing that is really dope af and complex. I see some things and you see some things and etc., but I want to focus on your gut feel first.
My reachback peaks before my front foot plants. You can see that my arm is fully extended before the plant. I hdon't think that I start reaching back early. It's just that for some reason I finish the reachback too early.

Now I'm pretty positive that the reasoning behind this is, that I come out of the x-step leaning back away from the target somewhat. As I begin my reachback when I'm leaned back, the disc stays too far back. So obviously when I begin the reachback too far back, it going to peak early. This is also why I'm reaching back downwards, or at least I think so.

Now I'm trying to fix the coming out of the x-step balance issue to see if that helps with the reachback. Hope this makes any sence what so ever lol.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:04 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
My reachback peaks before my front foot plants. You can see that my arm is fully extended before the plant. I hdon't think that I start reaching back early. It's just that for some reason I finish the reachback too early.

Now I'm pretty positive that the reasoning behind this is, that I come out of the x-step leaning back away from the target somewhat. As I begin my reachback when I'm leaned back, the disc stays too far back. So obviously when I begin the reachback too far back, it going to peak early. This is also why I'm reaching back downwards, or at least I think so.

Now I'm trying to fix the coming out of the x-step balance issue to see if that helps with the reachback. Hope this makes any sence what so ever lol.

Yeah ok totally makes sense and agree with your diagnosis. I saw same thing too with downwards/upwards angle and was going to comment on that, great that you see it as all part of one interconnected thing (it wouldn't have occurred to me).

Maybe consider coming out of your x-step with your rear plant foot more perpendicular to the target line, and less 180 out. The camera angle makes it hard to be more precise about this, but check some pro footage and see if you agree with this idea.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:46 AM
Birdie Member

Eh, nm. Watching a bunch of power drives from lead card and Eagle at the Preserve, there's a lot of 135 to 150 rear foot plant angle.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:54 AM
Birdie Member

You know what I'd do?

Visualize a moment when your forward plant foot is beginning to accept all the weight that's being passed from the rear--maybe it has 20 pounds of your 170 pounds or whatever. Imagine or visualize at that moment that you have maximum extension from your right index finger knuckle to that forward foot pad.

Kind of like this

https://imgur.com/a/19Eb0kU

And just move yourself with your reachback and x-step and so on, just to get into that loaded moment. The important part being the synchronous forward foot pressure at 10% weight shift and maximum arm extension.

Last edited by hawgdriver; 08-01-2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Par Member

https://youtu.be/fVzsw_s8hRg

Maybe a better angle to critique. Drives are consistent, but still need a little more distance. I tried turning back more, but seemed not to help. The early reachback timing thing is obviously still an issue. I tried doing a more exaggerated forward pump, but it just made me rush things more.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2021, 05:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 247
Niced 5,943 Times in 3,478 Posts

Camera from behind tee might help see your balance on your rear leg better.

Note in frame 1 how you are more leaning back behind your rear foot and Simon is balanced more right on his foot or slightly forward of rear foot. Then this reverses in the stride as you start tipping over while Simon's upper body is pulled back like Door Frame Drill.

Your feet are separating ahead of your knees. Simon's knees separate ahead of the feet.

Note how your front foot kicks out and leads your stride/CoG/butt/knee and then your foot stalls out and retracts right before planting. Note how Simon's front foot keeps gliding targetward into the plant.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:10 PM
Par Member

https://youtu.be/wJXXiQM_3pQ
Eagle at 0:35

Looking at Eagle I think I found out where my issue originates from. Eagle really pushes off or falls butt first off of the right leg in the x-step, forcing his body to be infront of the left leg.

Does this make sence?

Niced: (1)

Old 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Par Member

https://youtu.be/Hz_ln2VKrJ4

This might be better to see Eagle falling butt first from the right leg during the x-step. I don't fall off of the right leg at all I kind of reach with my left leg behind the right, forcing my body behind the left leg.

Niced: (2)