Old 06-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 22 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Honka is kind of gross - the only useful thing about it is a large fridge. Besides that, I would rather just camp.
It's funny you say that. I guess I partially agree. The problem used to be with my group, none of us owned tents (I know they can be bought cheapish but at the time we were barely making ends meat) or campers.

I basically looked at it like I'll pay the money to have a roof over the head for any weather issues, but the rest of it I looked at as more of a camping experience. By this I mean yea they have pots and pans to use and while it doesn't bother me, those things have hardly ever been cleaned and at best have been by hand, it's usually dirty, ect ect, but I also wasn't looking for anything more/better than that. In a way I looked at it like luxury camping having a roof, tons of space and beds, tables and chairs, grill provided as well as the bonus stuff like a foosball table and showers. While Ashland isn't far, for us I felt it was nice to not have to drive anywhere at anytime, everything all in one spot.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKRanger View Post
Lol that's too funny. My understanding is that John doesn't own the chestnut area what so ever so I'm sure that chestnut will most likely never be available to hbh again.
In terms of course(s?) on that side of the hill, it's all pretty terrible anyway, and getting rid of that doesn't hurt anything other than our promised "cabin" over there that I paid for and likely won't get a return on.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 151
Niced 38 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bright View Post
It's funny you say that. I guess I partially agree. The problem used to be with my group, none of us owned tents (I know they can be bought cheapish but at the time we were barely making ends meat) or campers.

I basically looked at it like I'll pay the money to have a roof over the head for any weather issues, but the rest of it I looked at as more of a camping experience. By this I mean yea they have pots and pans to use and while it doesn't bother me, those things have hardly ever been cleaned and at best have been by hand, it's usually dirty, ect ect, but I also wasn't looking for anything more/better than that. In a way I looked at it like luxury camping having a roof, tons of space and beds, tables and chairs, grill provided as well as the bonus stuff like a foosball table and showers. While Ashland isn't far, for us I felt it was nice to not have to drive anywhere at anytime, everything all in one spot.
We have gone and had a group in honka while others camped outside. I usually camped as I own a tent and enjoy it. And I definetly felt cleaner in my tent than in those beds.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 621 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
If you're curious who owns various parcels on the hill and campground, zoom into the area between Poppe Rd and County C just on the north side of Mile Rd. http://ashlandcowi.wgxtreme.com/ Roger Juaire is an investor from St. Cloud who helped John out in the early 2000s (shortly before I got involved developing those disc golf courses) by buying up much of the hill and all of the campground area. Roger's purchase happened soon after his father-in-law passed away who had been John's partner in creating the partly developed ball golf course on the hill.

Which really confirms my thought, that Johns new move to sell lots onsite, as being illegal since he most likely doesn't even own the land.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 662
Niced 842 Times in 452 Posts

John owns or controls enough plots that he could easily be selling some.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Like the plot that my friend bought in 2005 and was promised a cabin. For a mere 5 or 10k he "owns" literally nothing. Or the redesigning of the original layout which left many tee pads and wasted time and effort laying all of the property. I have a cabin just an hour away and choose to not play. I'd rather go play in superior or cable. Beautiful property with a legit con artist ruining it. Poorly managed at best. Hopefully he can get world's again. Lmao
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 134
Niced 972 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
John owns or controls enough plots that he could easily be selling some.
Not by himself from the research i did years back a lot of it didnt even have his name on the tax info.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Not by himself from the research i did years back a lot of it didnt even have his name on the tax info.
Maybe a stupid question and I literally have no idea about any of this, but if the tax info doesn't have his name on it, why would he be expected to pay the taxes on the property from the county?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 109
Niced 702 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I am guessing that he controls all the land owned by that partner Chuck mentioned, which is like all of HBH. So his selling of it is probably legal.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 263 Times in 145 Posts

He is probably the managing member of the LLC. Of course it has been administratively dissolved for failure to file annual reports with the secretary of state... https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearch...highbridge+llc

Niced: (1)