#161  
Old 06-18-2018, 07:01 AM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 207
Niced 137 Times in 61 Posts
Default

In an instagram post, Bradley Williams talks about throwing his Luster AviarX3. Why have we not seen any of the newer approach discs in Champion plastic? I don't understand this. A stiff Champ AX3, Aviar3, or Rat would be so much better and more durable than the odd soft star variation they come in now.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 06-18-2018, 09:09 AM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,030
Niced 1,160 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
In an instagram post, Bradley Williams talks about throwing his Luster AviarX3. Why have we not seen any of the newer approach discs in Champion plastic? I don't understand this. A stiff Champ AX3, Aviar3, or Rat would be so much better and more durable than the odd soft star variation they come in now.
I would imagine they're going to get there, though maybe not with every one of those molds. Is the Aviar3 being used by pros at all?
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 AM
DanJon DanJon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,435
Niced 620 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I would imagine they're going to get there, though maybe not with every one of those molds. Is the Aviar3 being used by pros at all?
Pretty sure Gibson was throwing a Glow Aviar3 at BSF.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 207
Niced 137 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I would imagine they're going to get there, though maybe not with every one of those molds. Is the Aviar3 being used by pros at all?
Gibson and McBeth were both throwing glow Champ Aviar3's at BSF. Alex Geisinger also bags them. I really just want a production run Champion AviarX3.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-19-2018, 10:48 AM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 986
Niced 279 Times in 186 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Gibson and McBeth were both throwing glow Champ Aviar3's at BSF. Alex Geisinger also bags them. I really just want a production run Champion AviarX3.
Hey Ian from CCDG actually clarified that he meant to state that they were throwing AviarX3s on the coverage. Just FYI

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 06-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 207
Niced 137 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Hey Ian from CCDG actually clarified that he meant to state that they were throwing AviarX3s on the coverage. Just FYI
Oh damn! Even better. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-19-2018, 01:24 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,030
Niced 1,160 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Hey Ian from CCDG actually clarified that he meant to state that they were throwing AviarX3s on the coverage. Just FYI
I heard that on the CCDG coverage and wondered if it wasn't an Aviar-X-3. The names are confusing, fer sure. I'm glad Ian clarified that.

Innova needs to update that dealer website with new things every so often, so I'm sure some new stuff will come out. Just a matter of when. And if pros want it, it's likelier a run gets done.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 207
Niced 137 Times in 61 Posts
Default

So I emailed Innova regarding Champion AviarX3's and they assured me that within a few months, they will be available!
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 986
Niced 279 Times in 186 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
So I emailed Innova regarding Champion AviarX3's and they assured me that within a few months, they will be available!
That sounds nice, I actually got rid of my protostar AX3 because I wasn't clicking with the gummy blend of star. I just don't dig the super flexy, glossy star that I've seen a lot of discs in lately. The AX3 sort of worsened everything I don't like about the plastic - the relatively deep, bulky rim stuck to all the wrong parts of my hand and the puddle top just felt mushy, like it would cave in and warp if I pressed a thumb into it. I want to be able to feel the rest of the flightplate and the pressure from my fingers fight against the force my thumb is applying.
Reply With Quote
 

  #170  
Old 06-28-2018, 02:38 PM
Myke566's Avatar
Myke566 Myke566 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 207
Niced 137 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
That sounds nice, I actually got rid of my protostar AX3 because I wasn't clicking with the gummy blend of star. I just don't dig the super flexy, glossy star that I've seen a lot of discs in lately. The AX3 sort of worsened everything I don't like about the plastic - the relatively deep, bulky rim stuck to all the wrong parts of my hand and the puddle top just felt mushy, like it would cave in and warp if I pressed a thumb into it. I want to be able to feel the rest of the flightplate and the pressure from my fingers fight against the force my thumb is applying.
Yeah I am not a fan of the super gummy Star plastic that is currently used for the AX3 either. I just love the mold and really hope the Champion runs come out a lot stiffer

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.