Old 06-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 199
Niced 346 Times in 143 Posts
Default 2021 PDGA Board of Directors Elections

Three positions are open for the Board of Directors this year. Here are the candidates and their statements - https://www.pdga.com/news/get-know-e...oard-directors

Voting opens on July 1.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 06-04-2021, 02:02 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 724
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,311 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
Three positions are open for the Board of Directors this year. Here are the candidates and their statements - https://www.pdga.com/news/get-know-e...oard-directors

Voting opens on July 1.
Who are the three Board members whose seats are up for election? I know Mike Sullivan is one and he's not running for re-election.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:03 PM
Birdie Member

The last candidate is an odd one. Clearly a very impressive resume in the sports and entertainment world. Yet he’s a very new PDGA member, and has yet to play in or even register for a single tournament. How much does he even know about disc golf, the PDGA, etc.?

To me there’s one very obvious strong candidate, and I’m undecided on who to vote for in the other two slots.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.6
Courses Played: 141
Niced 4,828 Times in 1,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Who are the three Board members whose seats are up for election? I know Mike Sullivan is one and he's not running for re-election.
Bob Decker is up. Heinhold and Hungerford were elected last year, so it's Justin Menickelli, Elaine King or Laura Nagtegaal that is also up.

Last edited by Three Putt; 06-04-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:10 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 183
Niced 1,464 Times in 609 Posts

How long do board members get to serve, is there a set time they have to run for re-election or is it once they are in they are in
Old 06-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 198 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
The last candidate is an odd one. Clearly a very impressive resume in the sports and entertainment world. Yet he’s a very new PDGA member, and has yet to play in or even register for a single tournament. How much does he even know about disc golf, the PDGA, etc.?
Looks like he knows enough about marketing to deliver on his promises, regardless of his knowledge of the sport or experience in tournaments. Also doubt he'd want to commit any time if he didn't have a reasonable amount of experience. Fairly impressive resume and I think every (real) pro should be champing at the bit that he gets in.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-04-2021, 02:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 72
Niced 537 Times in 269 Posts

I believe Justin is the other BOD member whose term is expiring.

Par Member

Niced 133 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:

To me there’s one very obvious strong candidate, and I’m undecided on who to vote for in the other two slots.
Seems like he was picked by someone to address Paige's concerns. I see him as someone who will just make DG more expensive to be a part of.
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 72
Niced 537 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
How long do board members get to serve, is there a set time they have to run for re-election or is it once they are in they are in
3 year terms

https://www.pdga.com/files/board_of_...tober_2020.pdf

Old 06-04-2021, 02:23 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscgolfStu View Post
Looks like he knows enough about marketing to deliver on his promises, regardless of his knowledge of the sport or experience in tournaments. Also doubt he'd want to commit any time if he didn't have a reasonable amount of experience. Fairly impressive resume and I think every (real) pro should be champing at the bit that he gets in.
Is the PDGA the right place to apply that to? Maybe he should be on the DGPT board instead? I don’t know, I’m asking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildy13 View Post
Seems like he was picked by someone to address Paige's concerns. I see him as someone who will just make DG more expensive to be a part of.
Paige’s concerns to me were more specifically about how the USWDGC should be treated, and whether it should be a separate FPO event or continue to cater more towards the am divisions. Or, you could go more broadly, and talk about the pro experience at NTs/majors vs. the DGPT, and whether the DGPT should take over more/all pro tour events.

Either way, this is a very pro-centric topic, which is only a very small part of what the PDGA does. And even here, I’m not sure how much this guy could contribute to the discussion, without more context about the disc golf world and the history of the sport.

Last edited by aredoubles; 06-04-2021 at 02:27 PM.