Old 05-06-2021, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 234
Niced 5,194 Times in 3,079 Posts

Need to start braking or bracing up or pushing back as soon as you plant to remain in dynamic balance on the front leg and rotating behind the front foot. Stick your leg into the ground like Barry Sanders making a cut back, or a hammer thrower.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsquared mcbeth brace.jpg (40.1 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-06-2021, 10:28 PM

Niced 12 Times in 12 Posts

Hey, that comparison is really neat. I am glad I am on the right path and I will work on firming everything up and making it quicker. Am I right when I say that the right leg push drives everything? In feels like the upper body rotates driven by the hips and the upper arm gets flung open. I'm trying as hard as I can to hold onto the disc as long as possible.

It will likely be a few days before my next update so that I can work on this.

Thank you!

Old 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM

As I work the crush the can and I focus really hard on pushing the gas pedal with my left toe I am realizing that I have a timing issue. I think the timing issue stems from a misunderstanding of what propels the swing. I had mentioned previously that the right leg does all the power generating but if that's true then it can't brace you.

The comparison to my throw and Paul's has my right leg well in front of his and that's because I am trying to squat on it and propel myself up. Can you confirm the change that I need to make is pushing the gas pedal with my left toe receiving my weight with my right toe into a slightly bent targetward brace leg and extending from there after 100% weight transfer to the heel? When I try that I am falling back onto my left leg.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Try walking perpendicular to target, stay centered between feet. Do not step or drive targetward, keep feet walking perpendicular and only swing targetward and away from target like a wrecking ball on a hinge/elbow, walk normal but with more rhythm for the swing.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=136487
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

https://youtu.be/dgdJktr2XDY

I'm noticing a direct correlation between my excitement with a change in my throw and how much I talk in a video.

The Shaolin video was eye opening and I am finally able to feel the weight of my arm. I haven't managed to get it to the disc yet I think I might be able to do that when I slow down and really work through this change.

It hasn't added any distance but it is certainly more efficient because I'm doing a lot less and the throws are going the same distance. I have to work on the tilted spiral, my elbow placement, balance, and tempo still but the arm is finally not the focus of my throw.

Please let me know what you think.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Very nice! Swing your right shoulder forward right over you right knee, so your shoulder swings a little more toward the camera/left tee, and then clears out of the way. Your shoulder looks to get of the way early behind your knee. The Inside Swing Drill isn't really meant for the forward swing, the swing should end up going into the wall releasing the arm wide with the hips back inside to counter balance.