Old 08-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Gotta hit just off I-90 the Angostura course at Angostura state park in South Dakota. That sparsely used State park is so amazing at showing the beauty of parts of South Dakota. I think that State Park is open. Do not go to any course in Sioux Falls, they have flooding with some still to wet to play and even Tuthill park has a few holes with flooding.
Tuthill is just fine at this point. I wouldn’t call it a must bag, but you could do a lot worse.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Tuthill is just fine at this point. I wouldn’t call it a must bag, but you could do a lot worse.
Thanks, I forgot you now live in South Dakota. Tuthill is fun and nice to see they fixed all the Asphalt tee pads that were already falling apart 3 or 4 years after course opened when I had played. Yeah You could do worse like playing Brookings The SDSU course or playing That one in the park in Sioux Falls That is really too close to the playgrround stuff.

Angostura is a cool place though access might be a bit challenging. Not a Challenge of a course but the views is why you play. I played back when the post were the makers during the first year it was open but they had by the time we played finalized the spot the tee and holes were going to be in the next year. They fixed the piece

Lastly to save post I think he should play both Courses in Rapid City, one of them Omaha Park 1980 is from the first generation of basket courses though shame the old big original baskets are not there As a history standpoint but the Rebar they were made of was rusting out so they needed replacement. I hope that most of the tee pads got fixed too.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 171
Niced 725 Times in 333 Posts

100% hit up the Canyons in Illinois, Findley State Park near Cleveland is a good place to stop around there. I will also mirror Hyzer Creek here. Just a beautiful wild course thats a lot of fun. Id go to Lemon lake just to mark them off the list but you will have to go in with what course you want to play since you could spend a day or two there. Camden 2 is a must stop as well to me.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 421 Times in 257 Posts

-Sunnyside DGC in Atlantic, IA is awesome. Small town parks style golf at its finest. It's a few minutes south of I-80 but worth it.
-Treasure Cove on the Iowa Western Community College campus is also really good. It's in Council Bluffs (the redneck stepchild of Omaha on the Iowa side of the river) and easy to access from I-80.
-Hummel Park in Omaha is unique to the area. Course is located on the bluffs near the Missouri River and has lots of heavy woods and elevation change. It's right off the I-680 loop so won't make you veer too far out of the way. This course will make you question whether you're still in the midwest, as it is a far cry from the flatlands we're known for.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:42 PM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 220
Niced 166 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discNDav View Post
I grew up in South Bend and still play once year when I go back home, nothing better than a 3.5 star course nearby but Lemon Lake, IN just south of I-80/90/65 is a 4 course complex that I'd say is the must play in that region. The Canyons in Lockport,IL is on my wish list.
This exactly.

Nothing really worth it in the Elkhart/SB region, tbh.

Lemon Lake Silver, or Gold (if you're feeling adventurous!), are great plays and have 3 other courses on property, fairly close to the highway (I-65 from I-80 generally speaking).

Canyons is really awesome but generally pretty crowded, very close to Highland (also good), Trinity (decent), and historic West Park (recently redone...I haven't personally played the new layout).

Niced: (1)