#21  
Old 05-23-2020, 12:47 AM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,358
Niced 2,835 Times in 1,005 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
This is what I'm saying.
You could have 36 pros dueling it out (2 per tee for social distance measures) every week on literally any course, anywhere, and it'd be top billing on EPSN right now. Another few dozen humans for volunteers and camerawork, and you're talking a hundred people total spread out over the course, most not even golfing.
Missed opportunity.
Lol....I am afraid you might be GROSSLY overestimating the number of people interested in disc golf instead of marble racing. Sadly, I think marble racing is far more interesting to watch than our passion.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-23-2020, 01:02 AM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,697
Niced 3,451 Times in 1,590 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Lol....I am afraid you might be GROSSLY overestimating the number of people interested in disc golf instead of marble racing. Sadly, I think marble racing is far more interesting to watch than our passion.
Just so you know: I got the fastest marble in town.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-23-2020, 07:37 AM
peabody's Avatar
peabody peabody is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western Kentucky
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 54
Posts: 1,311
Niced 67 Times in 38 Posts
Default

I looked all over. It appears I've lost all mine.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 46
Courses Played: 387
Posts: 5,174
Niced 1,880 Times in 921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateWesternSky View Post
I just don't see that working. I would have no idea if I foot faulted or not if I have picked up my plant foot before looking at it. I've also been in multiple situations where I have disagreed with someone else on OB status.

That being said, I think it's easy enough to have 4 per card and follow the social distancing guidelines.
You're right, it wouldn't work well. I just want everyone to be aware they can and should make calls on themselves.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-23-2020, 05:07 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,697
Niced 3,451 Times in 1,590 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
You're right, it wouldn't work well. I just want everyone to be aware they can and should make calls on themselves.
In other words, you expect people to conduct themselves with personal integrity.

I'll just say this on the subject:

Before you decide how likely other people are to do the right thing, take a good look in the mirror, and figure out how likely that person is to do the right thing.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-23-2020, 07:47 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,697
Niced 3,451 Times in 1,590 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
In other words, you expect people to conduct themselves with personal integrity.

I'll just say this on the subject:

Before you decide how likely other people are to do the right thing, take a good look in the mirror, and figure out how likely that person is to do the right thing.
I just realized the quoted post doesn't come across as I intended, and may be construed as a personal attack on Steve.
In no way was Steve the target of my post.

I simply meant that before any of us concern ourselves with how others conduct themselves, each of us should make sure we're conducting ourselves to the standards we'd hold anyone else to.

Per Steve's post, I firmly believe in calling out infractions we've committed, rather than waiting for someone else to call you on it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 46
Courses Played: 387
Posts: 5,174
Niced 1,880 Times in 921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I just realized the quoted post doesn't come across as I intended, and may be construed as a personal attack on Steve.
In no way was Steve the target of my post.

I simply meant that before any of us concern ourselves with how others conduct themselves, each of us should make sure we're conducting ourselves to the standards we'd hold anyone else to.

Per Steve's post, I firmly believe in calling out infractions we've committed, rather than waiting for someone else to call you on it.
No worries. The guy in my mirror does the exact opposite of what he should most of the time. He even parts his hair on the wrong side.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-23-2020, 09:55 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,697
Niced 3,451 Times in 1,590 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
No worries. The guy in my mirror does the exact opposite of what he should most of the time. He even parts his hair on the wrong side.
Lulz.
Reply With Quote
 

  #29  
Old 05-23-2020, 11:42 PM
peabody's Avatar
peabody peabody is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western Kentucky
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 54
Posts: 1,311
Niced 67 Times in 38 Posts
Default

So you discover you are out of bounds after you throw. Your next throw might be out of bounds again.
You do the right thing and call yourself on the first infraction but nobody witnessed it. You call 'courtesy' on the group. You throw the next shot and discover afterwards that you were OB again. You call it on yourself but again no one sees. You call 'courtesy' again.
Does that mean you get off scott free and the others get penalized?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The PDGA Should Suspend The National Tour MikeK General Disc Golf Chat 93 11-30-2019 06:44 AM
National Tour Finale bwgort Rules Questions & Discussion 3 09-13-2017 11:46 AM
Paul McBeth Joins after PDGA National Tour win :SmashboxxTV: Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 8 08-31-2016 10:36 PM
How do you think the National Tour would work best? optidiscic General Disc Golf Chat 55 02-22-2015 06:50 PM
National Tour Statsitics steven2361 Tournaments & Leagues 1 03-21-2013 11:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.