Old 10-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 26 Times in 18 Posts

I took the "binge" approach with Bear Creek and doing it again with Turner. There are only so many good courses, I figure to play them while they're here.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Does anyone have any details on Harry Myers? I was told that John Houck is redesigning the course and eliminating/changing some of the problem holes down in the bottoms. We played there yesterday and there is a ton of work done trimming trees and even a new fairway cleared beside hole 9's fairway.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 143
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Thank you! I think the rain probably played a big role in time completing this project.
Talked to the parks department and they are saying December.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk View Post
Does anyone have any details on Harry Myers? I was told that John Houck is redesigning the course and eliminating/changing some of the problem holes down in the bottoms. We played there yesterday and there is a ton of work done trimming trees and even a new fairway cleared beside hole 9's fairway.
Here is a little more information posted today by Matt Siri (Hyserbomb) about the H.M. renovations:

"So, we've had a few people make mention of it, so I figured I'd address the rumors now that I've had a chance to talk with P&R at Rockwall.

It is true, Harry Myers is going to be getting a makeover very soon. So, the course we know will be changing, but will be for the better. We will be losing holes 5-7, but will be gaining 3 new holes also. There will be some other smaller changes happening also.

The city is already working on the changes, and we'll see everything happening pretty quickly the next few months.

These changes are to bring Myers up to date (as the course is over a decade old now), help with issues for the Nick Hyde Memorial in terms of flooding and playability, and to generally give us a better course to play.

There's some other good stuff that could come from this in the future, so for the time being, go play Myers when you've got a chance and enjoy the course in it's current layout.

Hopefully, we'll still potentially be able to use the old layout occasionally for tournaments, but the new layout is 100% coming.

With that said, 2019 Nick Hyde Memorial is already well in the works. Media plans and players packs are already well in the works and nearly finalized, and we're in store for another amazing tournament.

You guys ready for 2019????"

I'm looking forward to the changes and also the Nick Hyde this year. As all of you in DFW know it has been very wet this year. Our chances to play Harry Myers have been slim and far between, mainly because of the problem holes down in the bottoms.

Matt said (in a PM) to tell y'all to address any questions his way.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 437 Times in 257 Posts

We need the Disc Golf Pro Tour back @ Harry Myers. From what I hear, it was not the course's fault it was pulled.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 76
Niced 24 Times in 14 Posts

I understand that it's be prestigious to have a DGPT event up here again. But honestly as far as going to the event to spectate, I really liked going to Nick Hyde this last year much more than WACO. The DGPT event at Waco was a complete circus. So many people squeezing through those tight wooded holes at the Beast, it just got ridiculous. It was just easier to deal with at Harry Myers. Part of that was the more open course, but also just by having a lot less people. I'm just not real interested in going down to Waco again.