Old 09-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Niced 58 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
My Octo have 18 discs in the main, and i have manly putters and mids. . .i Think the Carlton takes 2x6 . . so it΄s not at all as Wide as the Octo.
And the top half of the Carlton is narrower.

I think if you put them both next to each other the Carlton will lokk alot smaler
I spoke with someone who said they had seen a few at Ironhill last weekend, and he said they look bigger on the back than an Octothorpe. Unless I misunderstood what he was saying. This bag holds the 2x6 like you said, but you forgot to mention the middle pocket that looks like it's easily 4-6 discs wide. So that would bring it right around that 18 mark. The top half does appear narrower, but it also looks considerably deeper from front to back.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 01:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 295 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I spoke with someone who said they had seen a few at Ironhill last weekend, and he said they look bigger on the back than an Octothorpe. Unless I misunderstood what he was saying. This bag holds the 2x6 like you said, but you forgot to mention the middle pocket that looks like it's easily 4-6 discs wide. So that would bring it right around that 18 mark. The top half does appear narrower, but it also looks considerably deeper from front to back.
What are the bottom outside pockets for then, gear primarily? Or discs?

I thought I heard him say at one point they would accommodate discs, just like all his other bags with that design. Also the bottom of the left and right sides too? But now I'm confused too, because who would need 6 different spots to put discs?

Bag looks great and I'm sure it is.

I wanted an actual mini octothorpe.

Last edited by @iDiscGolf; 09-20-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:19 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 145 Times in 90 Posts

I have waterbottles in one of my bottom outside pockets and towels in the other. . but you can have 4-5discs i each if you want to.. i have a Octo

Is the middle pocket really that wide? The insert looks to be maybe 1,5"-2" wide max
Old 09-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
What are the bottom outside pockets for then, gear primarily? Or discs?

I thought I heard him say at one point they would accommodate discs, just like all his other bags with that design. Also the bottom of the left and right sides too? But now I'm confused too, because who would need 6 different spots to put discs?

Bag looks great and I'm sure it is.

I wanted an actual mini octothorpe.

I think you missed my point. I'm not saying you actually put the discs in the middle pocket, just that it looks like it's about the width of 4-6 discs which would make it the same width as an octothorpe. Side pockets are utility pockets for whatever you want to put in them.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 295 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I think you missed my point. I'm not saying you actually put the discs in the middle pocket, just that it looks like it's about the width of 4-6 discs which would make it the same width as an octothorpe. Side pockets are utility pockets for whatever you want to put in them.
I did. In fact, I don't even think the middle is for discs at all, nor does it look like you could fit 6 in the middle.

I'd love a "in the bag" style video with this bag at length. I'm sure it deserves it.

Anyone know how much it pre ordered for?
Old 09-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I did. In fact, I don't even think the middle is for discs at all, nor does it look like you could fit 6 in the middle.

I'd love a "in the bag" style video with this bag at length. I'm sure it deserves it.

Anyone know how much it pre ordered for?
Yea, he's done like 6 update vids and I'm still not 100% sure how the bag works and how the inside looks. Preordered for 299. May go up to 325.

What I was trying to say was that the middle pocket looks to be roughly 4 inches wide which would make it about 6 discs wide... Obviously its for a water bladder, jacket, towels and some other stuff. Not actually for discs. I was just using that to suggest that the middle pocket plus the 2x6 pockets on either side of it make it roughly the same width as an octothorpe... so it just holds less discs and less stuff but is the same size as the octothrope. If the bag was supposed to be a smaller option to the thorpe and haul, why is it roughly the same footprint?
Old 09-20-2018, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 219
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 81 Posts

So how many Octothorpes are too many?
Old 09-20-2018, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 587 Times in 285 Posts

That past video looked like the middle insert could hold discs.

He had that insert turned inside out to show the bladder pocket and it looked like it had disc sleeves hiding in there.

This is in addition to the outer pocket disc sleeves, I'm not confusing them.

Could be wrong I guess, but that middle pocket does look big enough to accomodate.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 219
Niced 143 Times in 81 Posts

But seriously. How many Octos are too many?