Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 04-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 51 Times in 42 Posts

plus one vote for the Prodiscus Jokeri, best feeling driving/upshot putter i have found, powers down well, also feels great for Forehands- just the right amount of stability IMHO-

recommended here on DGCR, by someone and I tried it, and fell in love
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedeye View Post
The Innova Colt is -1/1 but feels so good in the hand, you won't care! I recommend XT plastic.
Went ahead and ordered up an XT Colt as well, I remember hearing a lot of good things about this disc.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 87 Times in 50 Posts

Jesus Christ people, read the OP.

SHALLOW. Ion is 1.6. Proxy, Aviar 1.5. Those are not shallow. Summit, Ringer, 1.2, that's shallow. Colt, Stud, Spike 1.3.

Average is Pure, Envy, Shield, etc. 1.4. Deep dish is Wizard, 1.8.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,264 Times in 1,664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTuffskins View Post
Jesus Christ people, read the OP.

SHALLOW. Ion is 1.6. Proxy, Aviar 1.5. Those are not shallow. Summit, Ringer, 1.2, that's shallow. Colt, Stud, Spike 1.3.

Average is Pure, Envy, Shield, etc. 1.4. Deep dish is Wizard, 1.8.
Numbers aren't everything. The Proxy might not be shallow, but it feels shallow, probably due to its flat top. Yes, the Aviar and Anode, and to some extent the Ion, have shoulders that make them feel deeper when I grip them.

The Aviar3 may not measure any more shallow than the Aviar P&A or P2, but it feels relatively shallow to me, again probably due to the flat top. I can grip the Aviar3 better than the P2 or Aviar P&A for a good throw/drive, and a good grip is a confidence builder.

In any and all cases, putters are a very personal thing to each player, and what works for one person may not work for another. The OP is just going to have to take the advice given with appropriate grains of salt, and then go find out what works best for him.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 142 Times in 111 Posts

For driving putters, it doesn't get much better than Proxy/envy... I've tried P2s, judges, and ions/anodes (have not tried the Aviar3 yet) and these two beat them all. True 0 HSS and zero fade for the proxy, decent fade for the Envy. Also they feel darn near a driver in the hand, not at all like a deep dish putter. A squared off inner rim works wonders to making a disc feel shallow.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 667 Times in 389 Posts

I recently got a Zero Medium Pure to see what all the fuss was about (Blueberry!). However, it was definitely flippy out of the box (and not just because of OAT). Perhaps the optos are more stable though. I've thrown a couple Envies. The Neutron one I had a long time ago I'd call 0 1.5. I recently threw iDiscGolf's Neutron Soft Envy and I'd say it was more like 0 3; much more fade. I don't know if the softs have more fade than the regular Neutrons or if they are just inconsistent.

The proto XT Colts definitely started out around 0 1.5, but they beat in to have some turn fairly quickly (I still love them though). I haven't tried a production XT. The production Star and GStar Colts I've thrown had significantly more turn than the protos though.

I don't think anyone has suggested the RDG Serpent yet. I've been using those for putter shots where I was a really straight flight and I don't want to go long of the basket (inside ~225). I can throw Colts on the same shots, but they tend to overshoot easier, so it depends on what you want the disc to do for you. I'd rate the Serpent's flight to be about 0 1 though.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,244 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
I recently got a Zero Medium Pure to see what all the fuss was about (Blueberry!). However, it was definitely flippy out of the box (and not just because of OAT). Perhaps the optos are more stable though. I've thrown a couple Envies. The Neutron one I had a long time ago I'd call 0 1.5. I recently threw iDiscGolf's Neutron Soft Envy and I'd say it was more like 0 3; much more fade. I don't know if the softs have more fade than the regular Neutrons or if they are just inconsistent.

The proto XT Colts definitely started out around 0 1.5, but they beat in to have some turn fairly quickly (I still love them though). I haven't tried a production XT. The production Star and GStar Colts I've thrown had significantly more turn than the protos though.

I don't think anyone has suggested the RDG Serpent yet. I've been using those for putter shots where I was a really straight flight and I don't want to go long of the basket (inside ~225). I can throw Colts on the same shots, but they tend to overshoot easier, so it depends on what you want the disc to do for you. I'd rate the Serpent's flight to be about 0 1 though.
Optos are dead stable. I never liked Zero for throwing.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 159 Times in 113 Posts

This thread should have ended after the 8th post. Classic roc is this disc. But oh wait innova OOPed it. Such a waste to make room for the junk colt
Old 04-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
This thread should have ended after the 8th post. Classic roc is this disc. But oh wait innova OOPed it. Such a waste to make room for the junk colt
Out of curiosity, how does the Classic Roc compare to the XD?

Old 04-08-2017, 01:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post

You throw zero for turnovers and hyzerflips. You throw opto for workhorse. Not exactly sure a zero pure is flippy, but it definitely is understable.

I'd agree the serpent is a solid choice though.