Old 11-08-2017, 11:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 330 Times in 217 Posts
Default USDGC Partner Program

DGU just started selling USDGC partner slots for 2018, and I was wondering if anyone on here had done this before. You pay $100 for the rights to buy some exclusive Rocs and other merchandise before anyone else and apparently a mystery box of current USDGC discs. I don't expect too much out of the mystery box since it's likely just stuff that wasn't selling well in the normal course of events. Has anyone signed up for the partner program before? Did you feel like it was worthwhile? Did you get anything super cool out of it? Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

Second year doing the partnership.
Is it worth it? Yes and no depending on what you do with it. I already plan on attending the program so 25.00 of that 100.00 is just covering my vip pass. Think last year i ordered a few rocs and some odd ball stuff.

My mystery box this year was much better then the past years minus not getting any shirts. Most of the discs i got are throwers and have people i already know that will like the disc and plan on giving them away.

Once or twice a year you get to order partnership stamped disc which is nice if you like things such as kc pro flat to rocs and such.

hope this helps.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-09-2017, 01:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 289 Times in 94 Posts

If it helps sway you, USDGC partner program directly supports the event itself as well as the charity initiatives they undertake (EDGE, Throw Pink). So it doesn't just go to Innova's bottom line, it's earmarked to keep the best event in our sport going.

I'm currently working on some videos for SpinTV that explore "beyond the ropes" (ooh...that's not a bad title actually) at the event, and this is one of the things we touch on.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:02 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 20
Niced 92 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
I'm currently working on some videos for SpinTV that explore "beyond the ropes" (ooh...that's not a bad title actually) at the event, and this is one of the things we touch on.
I really like this idea! However, "beyond" doesn't sound quite right. Outside the Ropes?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 56
Niced 51 Times in 20 Posts

I've done it for a few years. First, and foremost, I do it to support the USDGC. Second, we have first dibs, maybe the only dibs, on each USDGC Roc release, and factory seconds when available. I typically will get a couple of them if I like the stamp. And lastly, we get dibs on merchandise and sometimes a special Partner only stamp.

I signed up again for '18 and also purchased they mystery box. The boxes have varied greatly from what I've seen others posting. I got:

Star Destroyer
Luster Champ Thunderbird
Champ RocX3
Color Glow Champ Aviar3
XOut Champ Roc
Zero-G Q Quasar
Pin
Mini
LE USDGC Coin
Patch
Drawstring bag

I'm more than happy with the box. Last year I got a really nice fleece sweatshirt, but no clothes in my box this year. The worthwhile-ness of the program will depend greatly on what you're looking to get out of it. I would pay that price just to get the mystery box and support the USDGC, and that's it. All of the rest of the first dibs are a bonus that I may or may not partake in, unless I really like the stamp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03825.jpg (122.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 28.6
Courses Played: 42
Niced 28 Times in 19 Posts

This was my first year, but doing it again next year. Last years mystery box was pretty amazing IMO, this years was not too shabby either. Here is mine form this years
Old 11-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 127
Niced 88 Times in 46 Posts

This is the second year I’ve done it and I plan on continuing. Mystery box has had very nice stuff both years and yeah, CHAMP ROCS, amiright?

Old 11-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 179 Times in 86 Posts

Not sure if it'll be worth it for USDGC 2018.
That tournament is going to fall apart without the DGWT support