Pekapeka
Gazelle
Leopard

2 Kotuku
Piwakawaka

Ruin
Envy
2 Atoms

I'm liking the Gazelle less as I use it at more courses. It doesn't power up or forehand as smoothly as I was hoping, so I may bump up in speed or just use the Volt for those shots to reduce molds. Still loving the Leopard, though! I'm also loving my g-star Destroyer for forehands. As a resolution, I told myself I'm going to forehand neutral–understable discs and this thing goes really far forehand and backhand.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 132 Times in 91 Posts

Independence shorts:

VIP Giant
Fuzion Trespass
Trace

Scepter
2 Volts
Pekapeka
Leopard

2 Kotuku
Fuse

Ruin
Envy
SS Omega
2 Atoms

Some changes to the bag– I was always a little dissapointed with the Destroyers I had...they seemed to want to fight to the ground, even the straighter ones seemed glideless at the end of the flight. Picked up a used VIP Giant and love it. Feels great in the hand and seems to have a more forward flight.

Lost my star Leopard today....if anyone has a replacement, hmu

I've been reaching for my Atoms more and more for putter shots, so the Envy doesn't see a lot of flight. I'm going to try out Ruin, proton Atom, 2 soft Atoms, and an Omega for putters. I have a beat up 168g SS Omega and it's gold. Trying it back out.

I also swapped out the Piwak for a Fuse. The Piwak is a little too US for what I'm looking for and doesn't handle wind well. Fuse seems a little more reliable and it's much straighter for me. Love it on first throw.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

Played a quick 9-holes at Bandamer today with my e Envy and atomic Kotuku (to break it in). I've been throwing the Envy a lot more over the Atom, so I'm thinking Atoms will just be for putting, Envy for throwing.

I worked on slowing down and being smooth and (lo and behold) I was much more accurate because of it. Went out this weekend with the full bag and struggled– still shot okay, but my distance drivers were only hitting 360 max when I'm used to getting closer to 4. Slowed down the form and just played smooth and it worked. Looking forward to getting out to a longer course next time.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:47 PM
Eagle Member

Trying out the Runway/Hex/Fuse combo for my mid set up. The Kotukus I'm trying to cycle fly well *most* of the time, but I feel like when I really rip on them especially in baseline, they don't handle the power as well as the Hex does. Even the premium Kotukus that are quite OS feel off when I put a lot into them. The Runway also forehands much much better than the Kotukus do for OS utility shots.

I also think I'm getting rid of the speed 6 slot. As my e Volt beats in, it's becoming really controllable for the 330 range and I can just power it down (or even power up the Hex if it stays in my bag) for the same outcome.

Also did a quick 1 disc round with the Magic since it was in my car when I stopped on the way home from work one day and found it much more comfortable in the hand for putting than the Atoms. So for now, it's staying in the bag.