Old 02-24-2021, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 626
Niced 3,108 Times in 1,725 Posts
Default march 2021 minneapolis mn to bentonville ar to ?

rollin down i 35 from minneapolis to kansas city then taking i 49 the rest of the way to bentonville ar

i am lookin at stoppin in and playing harmony bends is there any other must hits around hb

in kansas city i have played waterworks and rosedale and paradise pointe

i will be staying a week in bentonville and im thinking of trekking down to selah ranch for a day is this worth it and what else is on the way/in the area that sounds good

what courses around bentonville are the must hits and i also need to hit one in oklahoma as im trying to play one course in every state

also on my way back up i can hit up moar courses it gives me a break from driving and i get to bag moar courses like the fiend i am

anything is appreciated thank yall in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2021, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 527
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,253 Times in 1,059 Posts

Indian Hills in Columbia MO is really solid. I actually liked Holts Summit a bit SE of Harmony Bends a ton. I'd highly recommend that one if you get a chance.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-24-2021, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Indian Hills in Columbia MO is really solid. I actually liked Holts Summit a bit SE of Harmony Bends a ton. I'd highly recommend that one if you get a chance.
the albert oakland caught my eyes did you play those 2 18 holers

potentially holts summit sounds good and not too far out of the way thank you

Old 02-25-2021, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 527
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,253 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
the albert oakland caught my eyes did you play those 2 18 holers

potentially holts summit sounds good and not too far out of the way thank you
Yeah, I played the Albert Oakland courses. They're not awful but you'd be better off playing Holt's Summit and Indian Hills. Both are far better. Albert Oakland is better than average city park golf. Better in that it's 36 holes in one spot. But it's pretty standard fare.

Holt's Summit reminds me of what I assume Rocky mountain golf would be. Just on a much smaller scale. I loved that course. Nice elevation, almost entirely wooded with lots of rock formations. Awesome course. On the shorter side lengthwise but made up for in the design.
Indian Hills starts out more open, prairie style but it gets nice and tight pretty quickly. I reviewed both and gave each a 4 I think. I was impressed. Prioritize those 2 over Albert.

Also, don't play the 6 hole one in Ashland? on your way to Holt's. It's a lame course that literally had a dog park installed on top of it. Just awful.

I also played the 2 Indian Foothills courses an hour or so west of Colombia. Not terrible, not great. Both better than Albert Oakland though.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Yeah, I played the Albert Oakland courses. They're not awful but you'd be better off playing Holt's Summit and Indian Hills. Both are far better. Albert Oakland is better than average city park golf. Better in that it's 36 holes in one spot. But it's pretty standard fare.

Holt's Summit reminds me of what I assume Rocky mountain golf would be. Just on a much smaller scale. I loved that course. Nice elevation, almost entirely wooded with lots of rock formations. Awesome course. On the shorter side lengthwise but made up for in the design.
Indian Hills starts out more open, prairie style but it gets nice and tight pretty quickly. I reviewed both and gave each a 4 I think. I was impressed. Prioritize those 2 over Albert.

Also, don't play the 6 hole one in Ashland? on your way to Holt's. It's a lame course that literally had a dog park installed on top of it. Just awful.

I also played the 2 Indian Foothills courses an hour or so west of Colombia. Not terrible, not great. Both better than Albert Oakland though.
that is fantastic feedback thank you so much literally cleared up all my thoughts about that haha thank you so much