Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-18-2020, 07:17 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,687
Niced 949 Times in 732 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I bought the Relativity because of the -3 turn, figuring if I get a -1 with my arm, thats still a good flight path. Corvette might not give me enough wiggle room. I have a Thrasher that flies for me similar to the Relativity. I was given a Captain and wow that goes far too. I have a flippy Destroyer that somehow keeps edging out the other distance drivers. You ever have a disc or two youd prefer to throw better, but end up throwing the old standby most of the time?
Seriously, give the G* Corvette a try. It isn't quite -3 high speed turn, but it isn't that hard to get turn out of.

I've even had the Relativity and G* Corvette head to head in the field. Distance-wise they're similar, but the G* Corvette is less likely to turn and burn. 475' max power with both discs.

My main issue with the Relativity is that it doesn't hyzerflip well. It'll stubbornly stay hyzer. Then when I throw it flat and hard the disc turns over immediately and eats ground.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2020, 08:29 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,708
Niced 1,488 Times in 768 Posts
Default

I believe he's been playing for just a few months. I'm not one of those that say he has to throw a putter 300' before he tries drivers but I honestly think 13 speed drivers are silly for a newb, flippy or not.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2020, 09:00 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 304
Niced 116 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I believe he's been playing for just a few months. I'm not one of those that say he has to throw a putter 300' before he tries drivers but I honestly think 13 speed drivers are silly for a newb, flippy or not.
Yep. Im a newb. Relativity has my max (measured) distance at only 375, but the 12 and 13 speeds are still usable for me anyway. Im getting putters into the 270 range and throwing them on more holes. But, to your point, I cant often enough get what distance I have to a reliable point of aim. After all, who wants to improve too quickly? Improving is part of the enjoyment.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2020, 09:27 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,708
Niced 1,488 Times in 768 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Yep. Im a newb. Relativity has my max (measured) distance at only 375, but the 12 and 13 speeds are still usable for me anyway. Im getting putters into the 270 range and throwing them on more holes. But, to your point, I cant often enough get what distance I have to a reliable point of aim. After all, who wants to improve too quickly? Improving is part of the enjoyment.
375' is very good distance for any casual player so maybe you're a unicorn. If you like gyro, I'd recommend a Inertia or Insanity, 9ish speed and somewhat understable. Waves go very far too in the 11 speed range.
Reply With Quote
 

  #15  
Old 09-18-2020, 09:59 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 304
Niced 116 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
375' is very good distance for any casual player so maybe you're a unicorn. If you like gyro, I'd recommend a Inertia or Insanity, 9ish speed and somewhat understable. Waves go very far too in the 11 speed range.
I quit measuring distances once I could reach putting distance on all the holes I play regularly. That doesn’t mean I do it all the time - usually I hit a limb.

Edit: today I was pin high on a 387’ hole with the Captain, as an example. (I missed a 30’ putt though)

Last edited by seedlings; 09-18-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three hard to find Discmania discs DinosaurThunder The Marketplace 0 06-19-2014 08:51 AM
Really Hard to find stuff kyledstauffer The Marketplace 22 09-27-2011 09:59 PM
Why are Wizards so dang hard to find right now? matt79d Discs 38 09-11-2011 09:59 PM
Old School Out Of Production Lynx...Rare-hard to find.... JustSayin' The Marketplace 7 08-24-2011 11:35 AM
Some nice used hard to find discs for sale jmitch The Marketplace 11 07-25-2010 11:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.