#1751  
Old 07-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Up and up Up and up is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default No camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Thanks. What about car camping?
No camping of any kind including car camping, tent camping, rv's, etc.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1752  
Old 07-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Up and up Up and up is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Thanks. What about car camping?
No camping of any kind including car, RV, tent, you name it.
Reply With Quote
  #1753  
Old 07-28-2018, 01:51 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,725
Niced 179 Times in 124 Posts
Default

So this place is like out in the middle of frigging nowhere. Or it looks like that on the map. Northern Wisconsin bordering the UP you would think is like population density zero kind a thing.

So, after a long round where do I go to rest my head? Ideally, you can play and crash for the night. My kind of golf.

What would you recommend for options in the area?
Reply With Quote
  #1754  
Old 07-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 668
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,757
Niced 944 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Motels in Ashland (30 minutes away) including the Indian casino where many stayed during Pro Worlds there.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1755  
Old 07-28-2018, 02:24 PM
mrclc's Avatar
mrclc mrclc is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 361
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 185
Niced 59 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
So this place is like out in the middle of frigging nowhere. Or it looks like that on the map. Northern Wisconsin bordering the UP you would think is like population density zero kind a thing.

So, after a long round where do I go to rest my head? Ideally, you can play and crash for the night. My kind of golf.

What would you recommend for options in the area?
It's a little far (~80 minutes drive time), but we always stay in Mercer, which is convenient to Sandy Point as well. There's a great motel there called Eunica's Beaver Lodge that has reasonable rates, an on-site bar, and amazing management.

Reply With Quote
  #1756  
Old 07-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,725
Niced 179 Times in 124 Posts
Default

MRCLC. Perfect. That's why I pay my dues. This is a great site for getting some help with anything dg related.

I'm also from the lower Midwest, so you know if you drive all that way you want to do it right. Taking advantage of other great courses, etc..

Sandy Point is on my list as well so that long drive for a motel/camp spot might make sense.


Do you make that journey much up to the Northwoods to DG? Thanks again.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1757  
Old 07-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Mushin No Shin's Avatar
Mushin No Shin Mushin No Shin is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the Wind
Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 771
Posts: 549
Niced 29 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forrest is right next to Highbridge too, ya know, for Camping prices that can't be beat

Reply With Quote
  #1758  
Old 07-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,725
Niced 179 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Uh..After checking out the word I can't pronounce or spell, this National Forest is Huge!

Their is so many campgrounds I became overwhelmed. After running thru the list I must say this kind of place reminds me of the vast state forests of the West.

So, anyone know any spots that they would like to recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #1759  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:19 PM
jeremyhilss's Avatar
jeremyhilss jeremyhilss is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hurley, WI
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 807
Niced 146 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Uh..After checking out the word I can't pronounce or spell, this National Forest is Huge!

Their is so many campgrounds I became overwhelmed. After running thru the list I must say this kind of place reminds me of the vast state forests of the West.

So, anyone know any spots that they would like to recommend?
Me and the wife spent a camping weekend at Lake of the Falls county park outside of Mercer if you're thinking of staying around there. Beautiful river and lake, plus great bathrooms with running water by the tent camps. It's like $10 a person a night to pitch a tent, approximately.

Then if you hit up Sandy Point make sure to throw Brandy Lake in Woodruff too - short 18 holer but quite beautiful and fun if you like to bag as many courses as possible.

Reply With Quote
 

  #1760  
Old 07-29-2018, 10:51 PM
mrclc's Avatar
mrclc mrclc is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 361
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 185
Niced 59 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
MRCLC. Perfect. That's why I pay my dues. This is a great site for getting some help with anything dg related.

I'm also from the lower Midwest, so you know if you drive all that way you want to do it right. Taking advantage of other great courses, etc..

Sandy Point is on my list as well so that long drive for a motel/camp spot might make sense.


Do you make that journey much up to the Northwoods to DG? Thanks again.
Not as frequently as we would like, but we went up in 2016 and fell in love with the Northwoods. We made it back this year and stayed at the same place (Eunica's) and replayed a few courses (Highbridge & Sandy Point) while picking up some new ones too. It's a really fun disc golf vacation.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOD 8/17/2018: Highbridge Hills - Blueberry Hill Hole 8 in Highbridge, WI fritothedog Hole of the Day 20 08-19-2018 09:02 PM
HOD 1/5/2018: Highbridge Hills - Highbridge Gold Hole 2 in Highbridge, WI fritothedog Hole of the Day 27 01-11-2018 02:24 PM
HOD 4/30/16: Hole 6 @ Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge in Highbridge, WI ilmcgee Hole of the Day 25 05-17-2016 11:44 AM
HIGHBRIDGE HILLS WISCONSIN Close?!?!?! jaygarcia Disc Golf Courses 8 08-20-2014 03:13 PM
HOD 8/6/13: Highbridge Hills - Woodland Greens #8 (Highbridge, WI) Swisher Streets Hole of the Day 49 08-08-2013 01:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.