Old 05-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sidewinder, would this video help with my lack of weight shift? Specifically the part about throwing the club out at the target instead of thinking about specific motions. I played a round today focusing only on throwing way out to a target or even through it, and things were seemingly clicking.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2016, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 209
Niced 1,317 Times in 893 Posts

Absolutely.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

It's been a little bit. I've totally abandoned a run up the past several months. Hopefully there's some improvement. Thanks in advance SW22.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 42
Niced 79 Times in 66 Posts

Sorry to interject, but just a quick question. The weight shift from behind happens when the lead foot plants right? So it's a matter of not rotating too early before you plant right?
Old 01-18-2017, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Eh, you aren't getting balanced properly onto your front leg and your over the top swing is not helping you. Keep the disc below your elbow and try the one leg drill.

Last edited by sidewinder22; 01-18-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Sorry to interject, but just a quick question. The weight shift from behind happens when the lead foot plants right? So it's a matter of not rotating too early before you plant right?
Technically the way our body works there is always rotation happening, even when it appears there is none or feels like there is none. The key is that you don't want to open your front hip and lock it out before your weight shifts into it, otherwise you will jam up instead of being able to clear/pivot.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Is this any better? Im still not sure I have the sequence down but feels a little better.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Still spinning out your front side before your weight shifts to it and going over top. You are striding your front foot(and hips/center of mass) left to right and turning your foot clockwise before the heel plants, so your rotational axis is swaying instead of staying tighter/centered/braced. See Best Downswing and Crush the can.

There's a bit of a disconnect between your arm/disc and body starting the backswing. You should be tossing into the backswing and forward swing like you would a sledgehammer one-handed.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

It seems like the common problem in all of your critiques, sidewinder, is that I'm not getting up on my front leg before I start the forward part of the throw. I know I have plenty of problems but is this the main one I should be focusing on? Is it an issue of just rushing the throw and not pausing at the top of the swing to give myself a chance to get on the front leg of is it something else?

I'm thinking about it in this way because I watched an old video of Sandstrom and it seemed like he took a nice long pause at max reach back. At the same time McBeth seems to start the forward swing as soon as his arm gets back. Maybe this is all in my head and that's not what's actually happening.

Last edited by unclevince; 02-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclevince View Post
It seems like the common problem in all of your critiques, sidewinder, is that I'm not getting up on my front leg before I start the forward part of the throw. I know I have plenty of problems but is this the main one I should be focusing on? Is it an issue of just rushing the throw and not pausing at the top of the swing to give myself a chance to get on the front leg of is it something else?

I'm thinking about it in this way because I watched an old video of Sandstrom and it seemed like he took a nice long pause at max reach back. At the same time McBeth seems to start the forward swing as soon as his arm gets back. Maybe this is all in my head and that's not what's actually happening.
I agree with the first paragraph for the most part.

Sandstrom doesn't appear to fully extend his elbow like McBeth at the top of the backswing/transition, so it would appear to pause longer.