Old 05-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Form critique please :)

Hey, greetings from Germany ! This is my first video and I would be happy if you could give me some advice for improvements !

Do you need more information?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2017, 01:14 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The link doesn't work and I don't know why. So, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2tDpAAEw4&app=desktop

Does someone know how I can fix it?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjubie View Post
The link doesn't work and I don't know why. So, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2tDpAAEw4&app=desktop

Does someone know how I can fix it?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Par Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sidewinder will be much more helpful but here's a couple things I see. Turning back too early with your rear foot pointed totally away from target. You push off your heel instead of being more on your toes. You pull from high to low with a stance that is very wide. You are also spinning out instead of getting your weight shifted on to your front leg before you start your pull through. Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 107 Times in 85 Posts

Agree with the above stated. Your legs are almost rotating completely backwards instead of striding sideways. This is causing you to not be able to properly smash your weight through, resulting in less distance. If you fix the X step it will be much easier to fix the wide stance when throwing the disc.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,556 Times in 1,044 Posts

Agreed with the others. The point of the X-step is to get you onto the left instep with a little bit of momentum, and help time your reachback while loading your rear hip (turning into your rear hip rather than facing your body backwards).

Take a way smaller X-step (both left foot step and then the plant step) and reach back lower. It looks like you're getting good leverage/late hold on the disc though, so I'd really focus on the footwork to get that going and it'll transfer way more power through your body to increase your arm speed.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:21 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! Thank you. This is really helpful . I wasn't a aware of my footwork and how it could harm my distance.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey. Thanks again for your help. I trained a little bit and focused on the x-step. I am afraid the improvements aren't really big. On the other side, I really got more distance with my putters.

So, here are my new videos:

This time also from behind.

What do you think?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,556 Times in 1,044 Posts

Nice, yeah that's looking better. I'd now try to change how you shift your weight. You are still opening your front foot up and also you are rotating around your front leg (and to the left of it), rather than bracing off the front leg and rotating around your spine. Take a read through this thread and the material in it...hopefully something helps it click. This shift from behind concept should hopefully help you stay closed into the plant, set up your brace, and let you rotate around your spine. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=127477

Old 05-25-2017, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,631 Times in 1,069 Posts

Yeah your stride is too backward and then you turn open into the plant, instead of striding lateral/sideways and turn closed into the plant. The way your legs separate backward in the stride kills your momentum with your foot separating ahead of the knee - legs should separate laterally with foot and knee separating at same rate/angle. See how Simon is balanced with his swing/body under his chin and rear heel airborne. You are flat on your rear heel so your swing/body is outside your chin and so your body is in the way of your swing path and not giving yourself space to create a power pocket to swing through your center.