Old 06-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

necro time

As stated several times before, CSUMB on the former Fort Ord Army Base is pretty creepy. Cypress is not as bad as it used to be because they demolished a bunch of barracks and opened it up quite a bit, but there doesnt seem to be anyone around despite it being on a college campus. the same could be said of the Oaks course as well, but add in a bunch of rusty fences, crumbling structures and pavement, 2 dry Lake beds, 2 abandoned baseball fields and an abandoned track field where I keep running into coyotes and you have a horror story waiting to happen. Plus the poison oak is pretty scary on the Oaks course.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 26
Niced 109 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
I used to play 22nd Street after work because it was on the way home. I do know the feeling of being out there at dusk all alone with a long walk back to an isolated parking lot. Last Oct - Nov 2017 there was a serial killer who killed four people over the weeks about 2 miles away. While that was scary, I was more worried about the huge, old, and dead oak trees crashing down on me. About every month you would another large one down on the course, either crushing a basket or a close miss.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 26
Niced 109 Times in 75 Posts

FWIW - link to serial killer. https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/cr...s/67-485320519
Old 06-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 277
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I was lucky enough to be in Kansas city with my family on vacation a couple years ago. As is my habit when we travel, I get up and play a dawn round wherever we happen to be. This time, I decided to revisit waterworks. At dawn, in the spring. When I arrived, the whole place was blanketed in fog. Blanketed, in the real meaning of the word. Every valley was obscured, trees laced with fog and not a single thing moved. The fog lasted fully 15 holes. Even with the sun up. It was ethereal. Throwing into a literal sea of fog...
Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Pictures, or it didn't happen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180622-230353_Instagram.jpg (71.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180622-230434_Instagram.jpg (110.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180622-230417_Instagram.jpg (88.2 KB, 71 views)

Old 06-23-2018, 12:26 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

This is Forrest Hills in eureka, mo. I thought that was creepy. The whole course is up and down step hills and thick woods. Homemade baskets are built using actual treetrunks as the pole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180622-230257_Instagram.jpg (114.5 KB, 76 views)
Old 07-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 10
Niced 30 Times in 18 Posts

There's a course... if you can still call it that... on Hilton Head Island. I have played it three summers now, in various stages of dereliction. The course was an Eagle Scout project and plays kind of cool in a mini golf sort of way, but it zig zags over itself again and again, meaning only one person or small group can play at a time. If you want to see what I mean, look up the course map for Hover Links. And then, right in the middle was a pavilion and a jungle gym that you had to avoid repeatedly. BUT... It is always empty. The hurricane destroyed the pavilion and the jungle gym and the field is cleaner, but nobody is there, it only gets mowed because it's the back yard of a church. So I play it generally around sunset. And I lost a disc in the creek that runs right behind three baskets (six holes) and I went to retrieve it and sank ankle deep in muck. I lifted my foot and my shoe stayed put... And almost instantly was swarmed by fiddler crabs. I grabbed my shoe and disc and scrambled back and slightly submerged was a snapping turtle staring at me...I wouldn't be surprised if gators lived there too but I didn't hang out long enough to find out.
I still play the course when I'm there, but I lay up a lot of those holes now haha

Niced: (2)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 74 Times in 47 Posts

I'm with the one or two who think it is the people who are creepy. Ghost type things are not an issue. A big spider or snake can cause me to jump back, but generally nature does not bother me much, in fact I generally like it. I was stalked one night about 1am by a mountain lion on a night hike backpacking in a wilderness area. Gets your heart pumping a bit.

Spending a night in the woods with just a sleeping bag & campfire is my idea of fun. Spending a night in the city is my idea of a nightmare.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 43.2
Courses Played: 172
Niced 374 Times in 182 Posts

Here's a couple with creepy names at least:

Cemetery Point Park https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8937

Devil's Creek https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8026

Old 07-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 284
Niced 38 Times in 20 Posts

Beacon Glades in NY has old Friday the 13th style cabins that were creepy even in the daytime

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4974

Niced: (1)